We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Cala Bassa beach

Tiverton, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Cala Bassa beach

Hi, we are staying at the Fiesta Tanit hotel soon and would like to visit Cala Bassa beach as have heard its quite nice. We wont be hiring a car so was wondering what would be the best way to visit this beach? Or are there others closer that are equally as nice?

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Cala Bassa
Cala Bassa
3,127 Reviews
Ibiza, Spain
Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Cala Bassa beach

You can get a boat from San Antonio but quicker and cheaper would be the number 7 bus. A nice beach that's nearer but much smaller is Port Des Torrent, 6 bus,both from the bus station.

I suppose you are aware of Cala Gracio, right behind theTanit ?

Mentioned in this post
Cala Gracio
Cala Gracio
Ibiza, Spain
Tiverton, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Cala Bassa beach

Thank you Rick, yes we do plan on going to Cala Gracio beach but thought would be nice to try another one too. How long do you think it would take to get to Port Des Torrent on the bus as we have two kids and they arent too great on bus journeys.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Cala Gracio
Cala Gracio
Ibiza, Spain
Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Cala Bassa beach

To pdt, about 15 mins.

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Cala Bassa beach

myself, I can't tell the difference between cala gracio and port des torrent. cala bassa is completely spoiled by the presence of 'swish' (it means really expensive) cala bassa beach club, so i'd get the bus to cala conta from the bus station or ferry from the harbour. the sea is clearer, bluer and fresher than any of the others as it's not a small bay.

mm

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
29,953 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Cala Bassa beach

mm is quite right. The advent of the beach club has destroyed the Cala Bassa we once knew.

Mentioned in this post
Cala Bassa
Cala Bassa
3,127 Reviews
Ibiza, Spain
Southampton
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Cala Bassa beach

I visit Cala Bassa beach each time I am in Ibiza, its perfect :) We usually get the boat from San Antonio, doesn't take long to get there, it's worth a visit. Id recommend getting there earlier in the day as does tend to get busy. And I'd avoid the weekend as lots of the Spanish residents tend to visit at this time and it does get crowded. I cant wait to go back and have a cala bassa hotdog at the little cafe :D

Mentioned in this post
Cala Bassa
Cala Bassa
3,127 Reviews
Ibiza, Spain
Ibiza
Ibiza
Balearic Islands, Spain
7. Re: How to get to Cala Bassa beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Sant Antoni de Portmany