We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ibiza Bars open in May??

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ibiza Bars open in May??

Hi, We are going to San Antonio on the 5th May just wondering if many of the bars and restaurants will be open? What about the likes of cafe mambos and cafe del mar?

Thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ibiza Bars open in May??

May 1st is the official opening day of the tourist season, so there will be a good selection of bars/restaurants open - say 60% of them. The club related ones dont really get going until mid to late may and Cafe Mambo usually opens around the 16th of May. Cafe Del Mar will be open, as will a number of Bars,small clubs in the West End area of San Antonio. Hush being one of the better ones.

Danny

http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.ie/

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ibiza Bars open in May??

Thanks for that :) I've only ever been there in July so was a bit unsure of what there is to do

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ibiza Bars open in May??

Ibiza when its quiet can be a beautiful island to visit especially for the scenery and countryside bars/restaurants. If you get the chance hire a car and do some sightseeing, small villages, visit Salinas beach and the many chiringitos dotted along the coastline. Up the north of the island is beautiful

Danny

http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.ie/

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ibiza Bars open in May??

Thanks for that Danny. Will defiantly be exploring the island

London, England
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ibiza Bars open in May??

We stayed in San An last May. We went in mid May and had lovely weather during the day, although it was chilly at night. Most places were just opening. The bars around Café de Mar were all open. A few of the bars around the bay were open, some closed and some in the throes of opening.

It is a lovely time of year to visit Ibiza as the countryside is very pretty. Not so sure I would be visiting so early if I wanted a clubbing, lively scene.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ibiza Bars open in May??

Thanks for that. We will have a little one with us so won't be needing any of the clubs, just a couple nice bars for the daytime to get lunch will be great. Looking forward to going .

Sheffield
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ibiza Bars open in May??

Hi hope you don't mind me asking but we are going San Antonio in a couple of weeks and was wondering if the resort was starting to get a little lively and bars/restaurants open and also was the weather cold at night, we were told to pack a jacket? Hope you can help. Thanks

Sheffield
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ibiza Bars open in May??

Hi hope you don't mind me asking but we are going San Antonio in a couple of weeks and was wondering if the resort was starting to get a little lively and bars/restaurants open and also was the weather cold at night, we were told to pack a jacket? Hope you can help. Thanks

9. Re: Ibiza Bars open in May??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sant Antoni de Portmany
Recent Conversations