We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drinking water?

Which Sant Antoni de Portmany hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
203 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
drinking water?

I was just wondering about the water from the taps in the hotels and whether it's safe to drink? We like to take a travel kettle to make a cuppa in our room is it wise to use the water from the taps?

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: drinking water?

in san antonio the water comes from the desalination plant at cala gracio and is perfectly good in a kettle and you'll also find that shower gel and shampoo have a good lather.

mm

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
203 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: drinking water?

thanks for taking the time to answer - is it ok to drink straight from the tap without boiling?

London, England
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: drinking water?

It probably won't harm you, but it won't taste the same as you are used to. Personally, I would buy bottled water, but for tea and coffee it will be OK.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,039 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: drinking water?

Bottle water very cheap we were paying less then 1 euro for 5 litres in the Eroski supermarkets in Ibiza last year.

Even in the u.k, wont drink from the tap, last time I had the water analyzed the guy advised fit under u.k. regulations for drinking, but he would not drink.

5. Re: drinking water?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Sant Antoni de Portmany