We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips.. boat or train or bus

Sunderland...
Level Contributor
50 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips.. boat or train or bus

Hi,

been to Ibiza last year but didn't make the most of it. going again in 1 weeks time and this time I want to see more of the island, I want to make the most of every day im there. just been reading about the tourist train but from what I can see it only leaves from es cana. I will be stopping in san antoio bay so wondered if there was any thing like this around here or is it worth getting the bus to es cana or Ibiza town to go on the train?

also just been reading about a day trip by boat to formentera, worth doing? any idea times etc?

?

also any other recommendations? want to go into the town and have a wonder, is there any where I should go? is there a sight seeing tour worth doing?

Mentioned in this post
Ibiza
Ibiza
Balearic Islands, Spain
ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,846 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips.. boat or train or bus

tourist train leaves san an bus station at 11 for a tour round some very nice country side. you can get an audio guided tour of itown, just ask in the tourist office.

mm

Sunderland...
Level Contributor
50 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips.. boat or train or bus

thank you :)

Level Contributor
168 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips.. boat or train or bus

If I were you I would go on the boat trip to es vedra. Done it a few times now the scenery is amazing and you get to see parts of ibiza that you couldn't see any other way and all the big celebrity villas. It leaves every day about 3pm and later on for sunset (I've only ever done the daytime one) and lasts 3hrs it's about 20 euro. Go to the boat huts in front of the cafés at the fountains in San an town and you'll see it.

Sunderland...
Level Contributor
50 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips.. boat or train or bus

thank you. that's exactly the kind of thing I want. im guessing it a return trip lol ? :)

Level Contributor
168 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips.. boat or train or bus

Yes haha they take you out to the big rock esvedra and back. You go past some of the better beaches in ibiza - cala bassa, cala compte, cala tarrida, cala dhort. I think it's important to see as much of the real ibiza as possible while you are there :-)

Sunderland...
Level Contributor
50 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trips.. boat or train or bus

Thank u for recommending boat trip to es vedra just back n I think this was 1 of the highlights of my holiday was 24euros but worth it!!! Really nice ppl n trip :)

Level Contributor
168 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trips.. boat or train or bus

No problem glad you enjoyed it, I wouldn't mind doing that again next time I go :-)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
86 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trips.. boat or train or bus

formentera is a must. you can catch a ferry....gets there in 30 min. and u can spend a few hours there and head back againt. perfect day trip

Australia
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trips.. boat or train or bus

Hi Deb M: Did you do the 3pm cruise? (e.g. the non party cruise?). Is there food/drink on the boat? How long are the swim breaks? Thanks!

10. Re: Day trips.. boat or train or bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Sant Antoni de Portmany