We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We had a great time :)

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
We had a great time :)

We had a really great time, thanks everyone who answered all my questions before hand.

We stayed at the club cala tarida, which was really nice but a bit far out for going back and to, to San Antonio every night (we didn't think we would like San antonio that much, but we did).

Its a shame there are no buses this way at night, you're a bit stuck after about 7.45pm and reliant on taxi's. The hotel wouldn't let us pre book a taxi, said we had to be in reception for them to ring which was a right pain, as the taxi's took ages to come, and they had to keep ringing back when they didn't turn up. Getting a taxi back to the hotel from San antonio from the rank was no problem, but the taxi fares did add up a bit over the 4 days. The fares varied from 22 euro (afternoon from hotel to rank in san antonio) to 17 euro from rank to hotel at 1.30am and prices in between!! Not a huge amount but was expecting day time fares to be cheaper than night time fares but this wasn't the case for us.

The hotel was really good value for money and I will do a seperate review of this.

We didn't like the westend, too young for us, and a bit rough/smelly/dirty.

The sunset strip was amazing, and we had a great night watching the sunset and having dinner.

We also liked Ibiza rocks, we ate there one night and the food was lovely, they also had the best cocktails out of everywhere we tried.

Itica next door was also really good.

Although we were all inclusive at the hotel we ate out for most meals apart from breakfast and the odd lunch (the food at the hotel was lovely we just wanted to make the most of our time there).

We did a boat trip (a bit too bumpy for me I was glad to get off!)

Overall we had a brilliant time and think I would like to try the other side of the island if I return, maybe Playa den bossa or the old town.

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: We had a great time :)

nobody can pre book taxis in ibiza. if you call a taxi out you pay extra for the taxi driving miles to collect you. if you get in at the rank you don't pay this .

mm

Sunderland...
Level Contributor
43 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We had a great time :)

can I ask about your boat trip, how long was it for? where did you go n how much? ta :)

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We had a great time :)

Oh right I had no idea you couldn't pre book a taxi! That's so strange. What if you needed an airport run at a busy time!

We did the 1 hour glass bottom boat trip, from the harbour in San Antonio it cost 14 euro each. There were lots if different trips, and they were all good value I thought.

4. Re: We had a great time :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Sant Antoni de Portmany
Recent Conversations