We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rubicon Palace - Best Rooms - H10 Club Card

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rubicon Palace - Best Rooms - H10 Club Card

Can anyone tell me where it is best to request a room here ?

I have joined the H10 Club, and apparantly as part of this you can request a specific room where available - Does anyone know how this works?

I requested when booking, a room closer to the main part of the hotel, as i believe its quite a large complex. Is a higher or lower level better, and is there a particular area to avoid ??

Also, can anyone tell me how long it takes to walk to the H10 Timanfaya Palace. I have stayed there before, and i am trying to work out how much further up the Rubiccon is ?

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rubicon Palace - Best Rooms - H10 Club Card

Hi

I'm not sure about the rooms at Rubicaon Paclace not having stayed there. The walk from Timanfaya to Rubicon takes around 10/ 15 minutes.

wales
Level Contributor
24 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rubicon Palace - Best Rooms - H10 Club Card

Hi, we have just come back from the Rubicon and what a fab hotel it is. We were at the back of the hotel and overlooked the sea. our friends were by the large pool near the pool bar. Whilst it was very handy for everything, they did say it could be a little noisy in the late evening and especally as the pool bar is open until 1am for snacks! It used to take us around 8 mins to walk to the main enterance and that was just walking normally. As far as walking to the Timanfaya Palace, I would say it would take about 40 mins to walk there. Mind it is a lovely walk. Hope this helps and enjoy your hols. We couldnt fault it.

How did you join the H10 Club Please???

Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rubicon Palace - Best Rooms - H10 Club Card

Really - 40 minutes??

I thought it was just the next hotel up. I am sure that when we stayed at the Timanfaya Palace before, people said they strolled up to the Rubicon to have a look, and it took about 10/15 minutes, and that the Natura Palace was the further ones from that.....

So, how long did it take you to walk into the promenade and center?

H10 Club - Just go onto their main website, and you can do it online.

wales
Level Contributor
24 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rubicon Palace - Best Rooms - H10 Club Card

we walked to the natura hotel and that took us 20 mins and the other one was alot further around the bend. I do believe it is accessable along the promenade either. Mind you, it was a very hot day when we walked, very hot.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rubicon Palace - Best Rooms - H10 Club Card

Hi again,

We stayed at the Timanfaya in August. I walked from there to quite a way past the Rubicon Palace, stopping several times to take photographs. The journey there and back took less than an hour, including the stops.

From the Timanfaya Palace the Natura is the first hotel and the Rubicon the next along.

I suppose it all depends how quickly you walk - a leisurely stroll or walking a bit faster. Perhaps it would therefore be safer to say somewhere between 15 and 40 minutes.

Walking towards Playa Blanca from the Timanfaya - Playa Flamingo is about 5/ 7 minutes. Playa Dorada more like 30 minutes and the Marina around 45 minutes.

That's how long it took us - 2 seniors, 2 middles and a 4 year old.

Hope this helps.

I think that you should be

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rubicon Palace - Best Rooms - H10 Club Card

Meant to add:

I think you should be aware that Playa Flamingo beach is due to be renovated so if it is closed then the nearest sandy beach will be Playa Dorada.

7. Re: Rubicon Palace - Best Rooms - H10 Club Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2010, 05:16