We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Playa Blanca

Hereford
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Playa Blanca

Hi everyone/anyone.

Is there someone out there that has spent the Christmas period in Playa Blanca.

I have just returned from a very dispiriting break with my family in Bournemouth.

Freezing cold and wet spent a fortune,never again!!!

I would like to know if there are restaurants that have a lively Christmas day lunch on offer as i would prefer to spend Christmas day with some like minded company.

Any views would be really appreciated.

We are a family of 3.the little one will be 4 next year.

Ian Kennedy

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Playa Blanca

I would imagine you would have a great time in Playa Blanca over Christmas, especially compared to Bournmouth.

London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Playa Blanca

Awww sorry to hear you had a horrid time. My hubby and I went to Playa blanca in october and bournemouth in november and can quite honestly say we loved both places! We have booked to return to both next year!

I would imagine that playa blanca will be lively on Christmas day as christmas eve is generally more celebrated throughout europe!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,440 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Playa Blanca

I haven't been to Playa Blanca for Christmas for a few years - unfortunately. It's great. So low key. Things close down early Christmas Eve and the locals spend time with their families before going to church. Most things open as usual Christmas Day as the Spanish celebrate Epiphany rather than Christmas. If it wasn't for the Christmas decorations I don't think I would have known in was Christmas - heavenly!!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
329 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Playa Blanca

Just come back after spending Christmas in Playa Blanca - the lead up was a few days of rain and on the day there was lovely sunshine. We decided to keep the day low key - went for a walk round the Marina Rubicon and had a coffee and cake then back to the villa to lie in the sun - with a bottle of champagne and later barbequing steaks.

You certainly could do the day differently though as all restaurants seem to be open with wide range along the promenade - even some with set Christmas meal at varying prices to suit all pockets. Our contingency plan if it was not sunny was to have our Christmas meal at Lanis at the Rubicon Marina - what I liked was you could have 1/2 or 3 courses off the menu! Hope this helps

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca, Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Playa Blanca

I love Christmas in Playa Blanca... as it is so low key. You can go for a traditional turkey dinner if you like - the choices are there... or you can just go native.

It seems to be a tradition that the weather is always good on Christmas Day itself... but as the lovely MalHScotland said - there were a few days of rain leading up to it (hope you had a good time MalH).

Get those flights booked - and enjoy!

Elle xx

6. Re: Christmas in Playa Blanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca