We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet Hire

ireland
10 posts
Save Topic
Internet Hire

Hi Guys new to this so here i, go..........

Heading out to Lanzarote in march for 2 weeks,but i need to have access to the internet , while on hols , dont want to be in interent cafes , as its work commitments really , does anyone know of anywhere that rents out dongles, or any suggestions that could help

cheers

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet Hire

You can get prepaid dongles in all of the mobile phone shops. For example, Orange gives 3.6Mbps. €44 euros to buy the dongle with the first day's use being free then 3.9 euros a day - I think but if you use it for 7 consecutive days you get 2 free. €20 worth of top up is basically a week's use with 1GB limit over the week. You'll need your passport when you go to buy.

Hope this helps.

C

x

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet Hire

Several of the bars in Playa Blanca have wi-fi - they display a little black/white sign in their window - and they give you the password for free when you buy a drink...

We have iPhones and used the free wi-fi at the lovely trendy/chilled out Global House in the Rubicon Marina in this way - €1.80 for a big glass of yummy Rioja, a view of the yachts bobbing up and down in the marina and free internet for as long as you liked! It seemed to be perfectly acceptable to sit and surf for hours if you wanted to (although it was low season and quite quiet) and the owner was himself online a bit behind the bar between serving - some folk were sat at the bar and lounge areas with their own laptops and one was even video conferencing with family back at home...

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet Hire

Not to mention WAX - my fave!

C

x

ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet Hire

thanks for that guys......did a search on another forum and found a link to internet hire lanzarote that hire out dongles. Job done can relax now and count down the days.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
696 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet Hire

Hi Babyyap

Celtygirl I'm puting this link in for reference only I haven't used them yet

http://www.internethirelanzarote.com/

6. Re: Internet Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 11:45
Edited: 13 February 2010, 11:45
7. Re: Internet Hire

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 11:46
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
696 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internet Hire

Hi All

Just came across this link on V.I.S.T.A .Lanzarote to a site offering free internet access

vista-lanzarote.com/information/…index.html

Has anyone used it?

Vales

9. Re: Internet Hire

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2010, 05:16