We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help somebody??

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Please help somebody??

Have booked a private let from internet to Playa flamingo beach resort. I Understand that the resort is currently closed for refurb, but im really concerned about firstly noise, & secondly has something happened to the beach? We are supposed to arrive on 10th March have visited lanzarote for 15 years, & now we have a three year old i chose this property for its facilites big disappointment & mainly the child friendly beach.

Read a forum posted end of Feb, something about metal fencing, & digger machine. Please is there someone whom lives near by whom can shed some light on the situation???

Kind regards A very worried traveller

Dudley
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help somebody??

Hi we are due to go to flamingo beach the end of May i have e-mailed the manager who has said the work will be finished by the end of March i have been told the resort is currently closed.

Regarding the beach from previous posts i have read i believe the beach is in a poor state with a lot of the beach closed off.

I have the e-mail address for the manager if you would like to contact him it is Angel.rivero@nordotel.com

hope this helps.

UK
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help somebody??

Hi there

We returned last week and walked past Playa Flamingo quite a few times. It looks like a lot of the bungalows were in the middle of a refurbishment but others did have people staying in them. They are also putting in a new swimming pool.The beach is closed though - It is being re-built after a huge storm. There are metal fences all the way round it and quite a lot of large diggers/machinery working on the beach. A few people had got through the fence and were actually sitting at one end of the beach!! Not a great idea with a toddler and I don't know what the workmen must have thought.! PB is a lovely resort though - I am sure you will enjoy it. I don't like telling you this when you have booked to go but it is better being prepared.

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
571 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help somebody??

Hi sausage66

As you know we are travelling to the flamingo beach in a few weeks and having just rea the last post about the beach my mind has just sprung back to the first choice website which stated that the Flamingo Beach has "stunning beach views!!! Erm.......perhaps not then?!!!!

Let us know how you get on!

Kerry

Leicester
Level Contributor
418 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help somebody??

Got back yesterday after 2 weeks, Beach still in a terrible mess with a large digger dropping massive concrete blocks into the sea. There is proper access to what bit of beach there is but it is not a pleasent place to sit. You can see that when complete it would look nice. (trip report to follow)

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help somebody??

Thank-you have emailed the manager & he has advised me not to stay there.

Unfortunately the owner of the property doesn't see it that way & will not refund our money.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help somebody??

Hi the owner should have advised you of building works going on in the near vicinity,i think you have a good chance of getting some of your money back if i was you i would start by going to,the citizens advice burea and ask where you stand.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,508 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help somebody??

In PB now. Beach is still fenced off amd by the look of it will not be finished for a long time. The next nearest beach in the town has been left with quite a few more rocks and stones than previously, presumably because of the very bad weather they experienced a while ago.

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
571 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help somebody??

Hi,

we have been away and have not been able to get internet access. I was so sorry to read that you havent been able to go! Have you managed to find somewhee else to stay??

You say that the manager advised you not to go? Oh dear,that doesnt sound good for us!!

I hope you manage to sort out your refund,the owner surely is under some sort of obligation to provide you with what he advertised?

I am still awaiting a phone call from thomson to let me know the situation,fingers crossed we will still be able to go!!

Bye for now,

Kerry

9. Re: Please help somebody??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 05:16