We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Castillo - discrepancy in rules over wrist bands

cumbria
Level Contributor
77 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Castillo - discrepancy in rules over wrist bands

Returned from here a couple of days ago and wondered if anyone else had their AI bands removed when they checked out. We were told it was hotel policy, but met loads of people who had kept theirs on right up to transfer. We were told that we could get drinks from the bar but we would have to pay. Choice - pay up/go thirsty.

Have e-mailed the corporate site but as yet no reply. If there is a rule like this like in many lower star hotels then fair enough so long as it applies to everyone.

1. Re: Gran Castillo - discrepancy in rules over wrist bands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2010, 16:25
cumbria
Level Contributor
77 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Castillo - discrepancy in rules over wrist bands

Spent quite a lot into the "island economy" while we were there actually. We ate out at the marina on a couple of occasions (as food and restaurant so unpleasant at Gran Castilla) and also spent money in the shops in PB. We used a local transfer company and taxis. Is that enough? Would prefer answers to question not undeserved/unsubstantiated sarcasm thanks.

cumbria
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Castillo - discrepancy in rules over wrist bands

Hi, can u believe the cheek of some people! thats what ALLINCLUSIVE is all about,if u dont want to spend money u dont have 2! Sorry cant comment on wrist bands in playa blanca this is my first time going in aug!

Ashby-de-la-Zouch...
Level Contributor
223 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Castillo - discrepancy in rules over wrist bands

Come on guys stick to the point here please.

I do believe we all pay into the economy by being lucky enought to be able to go to these wonderful places for our holidays.

uk
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Castillo - discrepancy in rules over wrist bands

Didn't stay there but I still have my wrist band from another all inclusive hotel in pb. Not heard of that before.

cumbria
Level Contributor
77 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Castillo - discrepancy in rules over wrist bands

Didn't expect a speedy reply from the hotel chain but surely three weeks is long enough to explain why we were treated differently for other people checking out. Maybe their lack of response speaks volumes! Or perhaps after having taken our money we are low priority. Yes, definitely 5* NOT!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,373 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Castillo - discrepancy in rules over wrist bands

It's a while since I went AI in Europe but have always had bands removed on checking out.

cumbria
Level Contributor
77 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Castillo - discrepancy in rules over wrist bands

Amazing, still no reply from the hotel. That's been 7 weeks now since return. If you go to this hotel get used to waiting and that's not just at the bar!

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Castillo - discrepancy in rules over wrist bands

I have NEVER had an all inclusive wrist band removed after checking out from any hotel but... it's an unwritten international rule that check out time at most hotels is noon, so I guess that's when the All In privileges stop aswell, even though most hotels won't mind still making use of them while you have checked out of the room (and when you have an evening flight for example)

cumbria
Level Contributor
77 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Castillo - discrepancy in rules over wrist bands

Finally, a reply came yesterday from the company through which we booked including a letter from "low cost beds" who organised the accommodation. They regret our inconvenience and have acknowledged the fact that we were treated differently to other clients at the hotel. They offer no explanation from the hotel as to why this was - and of course, still no reply from the Dream hotel group. My advice to anyone staying at this hotel is to find out before departure what the rules for you will be, alternatively, if you haven't booked yet, stay somewhere else.