We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best room / block at the Dream Gran Castillo

England
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best room / block at the Dream Gran Castillo

Hi

We have a standard (superior) room booked at this hotel.

Can anyone suggest a good room location to request?

Thanks

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best room / block at the Dream Gran Castillo

Hi,

We stopped at the Dream Gran Castillo in Oct 2006 when the hotel was quite new.We stayed in room 2239.2nd floor,nobody above us & slap bang in the middle, overlooking both pools & tremendous views across the water.

We have stopped in all the 5* hotels in Playa Blanca & go every Oct.You will enjoy the Gran Castillo. My wife & i did.

Regards Rob M

England
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best room / block at the Dream Gran Castillo

Thanks

Do they have any ground floor rooms where you can walk right out to the pool or are all the ground floor ones set far back from the pool? We stayed at the Iberostar Costa Calero a while ago and our room had 2 sun loungers outside in a private garden in front of our room which was steps from the pool, it was great! Dont want to ask for a ground floor if they dont have a setup like that though....

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best room / block at the Dream Gran Castillo

Not that sort of set up at the Gran Castillo.I know what you mean.Only hotel i can think of in Playa Blanca is the Rubicon Palace at the opposite end of resort.We stopped there in 2004 when that was new & just did H/Board.We had a walk in last October when we were staying at the Natura Palace.Not the same hotel now doing all inclusive.If you like good hotels you want to try Madeira.We are off there in July stopping at the Madeira Melia Mare.

Regards Rob M

England
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best room / block at the Dream Gran Castillo

Yes we stayed in the Rubicon last year, our room was great. Number 7005 and had a MASSIVE roof terrace with sun loungers and gorgeous views. It was in the same building as the piano bar too so we could chill on the terrace with our drinks and listen.

Already booked gran castillo so just interested in room locations at that particular hotel for now though :)

I just hate being on a high floor and having to wind up and down corridors to pop back to the room from the pool, thats why i was asking.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best room / block at the Dream Gran Castillo

For what it,s worth Moggy May the most over rated hotel we have ever stopped in is the Gran Melia volcano.Great location & thats about it.It was 5*L when we stopped there.No wonder the place is always only 30% full.When we walked past last year they had even removed the sun loungers from the small pool near the top of the steps.You would not think that it belonged to the same hotel chain as the Madeira Melia Mare what i mentioned in previous post.The staff in Madeira cannot do enough for you & nothing is too much trouble for them.Basically they value your custom.

Edited: 10 June 2010, 20:32
England
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best room / block at the Dream Gran Castillo

Ha ha ok point taken, you prefer Madeira...but we are already booked at Gran Castillo, did our research and looking forward to it. The room you mentioned - 2239...is that one of those rooms where you have to wind through countless corridors to get to from the pool?

Edited: 11 June 2010, 10:04
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best room / block at the Dream Gran Castillo

Just one corridor,down some steps & you are by the pool at the prom side of hotel.Was looking at some pictures of our holiday there last night.Happy memories.Like i said our room on 2nd floor with great views at night across to Fuerteventura.When hotel first opened it showed a sandy beach in front of the hotel in brochure (artist impression) but it has never happened.If you like walking the beaches are not that far away,lovely walk the other way into Playa Blanca.You will have a great time,great hotel for unwinding.

Regards Rob M

Lancashire
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Best room / block at the Dream Gran Castillo

Hi-i just wondered if you saw the tennis courts at this hotel, and if so how many! We are keen tennis fans and the hotel doesnt seem to give any details regarding this facility!! We are going in July and it doesnt say if there is a charge for this facility. Thanks in advance!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best room / block at the Dream Gran Castillo

Cant remember there being any tennis courts.It was 2006 when we stopped but have called into the hotel every year when we are out walking.It was just called the Dream Gran Castillo then, but i may be wrong but i think they have now named part of it the Dream Castillo Papagayo.The nearest hotel with courts is the Princess Yaiza.So you could take your rackets & book in there.The best hotel we have stopped in with courts in Lanzarote is the 5* Jameos Playa just down the coast at Los Pocillos.They even had a tennis pro on site for anybody wanting lessons.Not that you do i bet.Enjoy your holiday.

Regards Rob M

bury
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best room / block at the Dream Gran Castillo

hi, we are going to the gran castillo in aug have you had your holiday yet?and did you get the room you wanted.