We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dream place Gran Castillo

Billericay Essex
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dream place Gran Castillo

Have booked to go to Dream Place Gran Castillo in Sept 2010, I am confused with some of the reviews that say they have "Upgraded" to Gran Castillo from Dream Place Castillo are there two hotels ? and have we booked the right one ?

Mentioned in this post
Arrecife Gran Hotel & SPA
Arrecife Gran Hotel & SPA
2,203 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
Villas de la Marina
Villas de la Marina
#1 of 37 hotels in Playa Blanca
H10 Timanfaya Palace
H10 Timanfaya Palace
#2 of 37 hotels in Playa Blanca
Iberostar Lanzarote Park
Iberostar Lanzarote Park
#3 of 37 hotels in Playa Blanca
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dream place Gran Castillo

I am looking to go to this hotel in July. There are other posts in other forums here that try and describe the differences in these hotels. Try having a look at those to help you. I believe there are 2 hotels and they seem to use the names of the hotels interchangeably which is very confusing. I understand that the hotel with "dream place gran" in is the more superior of the two, although I have seen them both advertised as 5 star. I understand that you can use the facilities of both hotels if you visit but can only eat in the "dream place gran" one if you have booked into that one but not if you have booked into the less superior one. I have found the difference in the 2 hotels is determined by price, one being more expensive than the other. If I go in July i will post a ( hopefully) more accurate account. Sorry if this has confused you more

Mrs Buell

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dream place Gran Castillo

One hotel is called 'Gran Castillo' (the better one) and the other is the 'Castillo Papagayo' which is more family - orientated.

For more details check out their website

www.dreamplacehotels.com/en/a/lanzarote

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
127 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dream place Gran Castillo

hi just returned from dream castillo. this is the hotel based for the children. gran dream castillo is the better one for adults. when we were leaving we met a couple who had been offer an upgrade from the dream to the gran dream for 160euros for the week. in my opinion if you have no children with you i think it would be well worth it. we wernt offered this when we arrived but would have took it after staying a couple of nights at the dream castillo. we spent most of the night at a sports bar across the road, and at the marina but resort was very quiet. may be 6 people in each bar / restaraunt.

bury
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dream place Gran Castillo

hi ,im going to the gran castillo in august with my husband and 12 year old daughter, i upgraded to the gran from the castillo papagayo which is a smaller hotel connected to the gran castillo threw a tunnel or so ive been told, the smallerl hotel has less pools bars resturants ect,but they can use the pools at the gran but cannot use all inclusive there drinks resturants ect,but if you are at the gran you can use both hotels for everything so you get the best of both if you are booked into the gran, but not if you are booked for hotel castillo papagayo think both look really good,ive been on youtube and put in the hotel and it looks good,i will post a review on my return,

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dream place Gran Castillo

Hi Jassy...Yes you can use all the facilities including drinks at the other hotel but you need to eat in your own...Hope that helps

Edited: 19 July 2010, 09:40
bury
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dream place Gran Castillo

thanks helen

7. Re: Dream place Gran Castillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca
Recent Conversations