We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

playa blanca hotel /apt ??

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
570 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
playa blanca hotel /apt ??

Hi we want to try lanz march 2011 any advice on where to stay want advice as we go to gran canaria every march and think we need a change .We are both 50+ love hot sun ,sunbathing ,close to beach ,resort centre & all bars /restaurants close by closer the better .Dont mind s/c or a/i just want a week break to somewhere in the sun HELP !!!

Thanks ANGIE .

Scotland
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: playa blanca hotel /apt ??

Hiya,

I have been to Lanzarote, six times in the past twenty years. Playa Blanca is in my opinion the best resort. A nice Pedestrian walkway, good selection of restautants, including a chinese, Italian, various tapas bars, steak house and a few bars. Entertainment tends to be hotel based.

The last time I was there was 2007, a private villa as I have little ones, however in 2003 and 2004 I stayed in the Hesperia Playa Dorada, which is just opposite the Playa Dorarda beach and an easy ten minute stroll to the Harbour area.

Hope this help!

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: playa blanca hotel /apt ??

I was in Playa Blanca a couple of years ago - and loved it.

I stayed at Hesperia Playa Dorada - right on the seafront, great hotel.

HTH

anne

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
570 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: playa blanca hotel /apt ??

Thank you both i will check it out

ANGIE

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: playa blanca hotel /apt ??

this yr we booked a villa in pl blanca of owners direct....we have also stayed at sun island

both have very good prices

and then we eat out every night

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,185 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: playa blanca hotel /apt ??

Hi

Have a look at Las Brisas. The location is great. It is a timeshare/private owners complex of semi-detached 1,2 and 3 bed bunaglows. 2 minutes from the big Hiperdino supermarket, 5 mins to town, restaurants and the small town beach. The bigger Dorada beach is about 10/12 mins walk along the seafront. That has sunbeds, parasols, watersports and beach bars.

We have stayed there many times going back a few years and then had a week there in March of this year.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
570 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: playa blanca hotel /apt ??

Thanks every-one

ANGIE

7. Re: playa blanca hotel /apt ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2011, 05:16