We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to hire a villa - won't have a car

London, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to hire a villa - won't have a car

Hi

Last year we rented a villa in PDC. Looking at Playa Blanca this summer but won't have a car. What is the best area to focus on our search? We want restaurants/bars and beach within walking distance.

Thanks in advance.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to hire a villa - won't have a car

I would suggest somewhere near the marina.

C

x

bristol
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to hire a villa - won't have a car

Los Calimeras is a great place with plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. Also close to a beach, harbour and shops.

UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to hire a villa - won't have a car

I'd second Los calamares, great location, very easy short walk to village and beach, supermarket nearby....

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,276 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to hire a villa - won't have a car

I'll third Los Calamares. We stay on there every year. It's in a great location.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to hire a villa - won't have a car

Parque Del Rey area isnt too far to walk. Stayed in that area without a car. We have used www.lanzarotelates.com and www.lanzarotebreaks.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to hire a villa - won't have a car

Thank you for your help. Not many villas within our price range for Los Calameres.

What is Las Coloradas like? Just seen a nice villa there.

San Sebastian...
Level Contributor
386 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to hire a villa - won't have a car

Hi,

in Playa Blanca near Marina Rubicon should be also a good place too, not as crowded as PDC but with plenty of bars,shops and restaurants

Greetings,

Astrid at Feelfree Rentals

Sale, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to hire a villa - won't have a car

We have just returned from 6 weeks staying in Casas del Sol in a bungalow No 11e which we would recommend www.casasdelsol-lanzarote.com for you to look at

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to hire a villa - won't have a car

Hi hon75 , we stayed in Los Colarados last year. It took about 5 mins to walk down to the coastal path and another 15 into Marina Rubicon area . There is the bus that goes right to the other end of Playa Blanca that runs every 30 mins and from memory cost about 1 euro 30 . It only takes about 15 mins to walk to first of the Papagayo beaches if you feel you need sand and sea. There is a good supermarket (Ropers). Any other questions pm me.

Regards

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to hire a villa - won't have a car

I would recommend staying near to the marina if you don't have a car.

We have just returned from staying in a villa in the Los Colorados area. We did walk into Playa Blanca most days - but it is a couple of miles or so. If we went on an eve we would usually get a taxi back - only about 3-4 euros though. there is a bus too - but we didn't use it.

It depends on how much you like to walk :)