We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roller Blading in Playa Blanca??

LiverpoolBP
Level Contributor
189 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Roller Blading in Playa Blanca??

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help, do people roller blade along the prom at Playa Blanca? I know that many people go jogging along there. I have always thought that if I had those views along the coast line back home I would be out jogging every day!

My Daughter is a keen roller blader! Just though it would be lovely for her to partake in one of her favourite exercises whilst taking in those spectacular views!!

Also is there anywhere in Playa Blanca where she could hire roller blades? (think her own blades would send us over our baggage allowance!) Thank you.

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
5,070 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roller Blading in Playa Blanca??

Hi

Roller blading along the prom is very difficult due to the nature of the tiled surface(very small squares and uneven)also occassional drifts of sand,as to hiring of roller blades sorry but have never seen anywhere local that does this.If roller blading is your thing then the cycle lane along the front in Puerto del Carmen is the place to be,as it has a nice level surface.She could however roller blade along some of the level asphalted cycle tracks in Playa Blanca but sad to say they are not really near the front.

LiverpoolBP
Level Contributor
189 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roller Blading in Playa Blanca??

Hi lanzalocal

Many thanks for your reply, my Daughter has never been to Playa Blanca before I know she will love it with out the roller blading!!

We arrive on the 10th June, hope the weather will be as fantastic as it has been here in Liverpool over the last few days!

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
5,070 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roller Blading in Playa Blanca??

Hi again

Glad to know me mum will be getting some sun over on the Wirral,weather here at the moment is sunny,,few clouds,bit of a wind and 28C in the shade in my garden,forecast is for continuing good weather,,,,,,,just a thought but you could hire bikes easily here and ride up and down the prom instead of roller blading,plenty of nice places to stop for a refreshment break ;).Enjoy your hols

LiverpoolBP
Level Contributor
189 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roller Blading in Playa Blanca??

Thanks lanzalocal

Good idea re; the bikes. We are staying at the Sandos Papagayo Hotel, which as you will probably know is a lovely walk from there into Playa Blanca. We are there for 14 days so we will look into bike hire while we are there. Thanks again.

Edited: 29 May 2012, 14:34
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roller Blading in Playa Blanca??

Hi,

Was in PB earlier this year and thought I noticed signs prohibiting cycling along the prom, but it is possible I misinterpreted them. Having said that it didn't stop anyone...

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca, Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roller Blading in Playa Blanca??

Yup... cycling is prohibited between the town centre and the Marina - but as you say... it doesn't stop everyone. I tend to do that by getting in their way and telling them off. :o)

Elle xx

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,642 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roller Blading in Playa Blanca??

It really bugs me when the front around the restaurants is busy with pedestrians, and cyclists just come peddling through. I've nearly been hit more than once! I hope it never happens - for their sakes!

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
5,070 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roller Blading in Playa Blanca??

Hi

I agree it is a bit inconsiderate cycling through crowds I usually just push my bike through the no cycling section,however not as inconsiderate as certain nationalities carrying huge rucksacks (by the look of them containing the kitchen sink !!)who walk 5 or 6 abreast blocking anyones progress.... who usually come to a halt en masse... and glare at you if you have the temerity to ask them to move.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,642 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roller Blading in Playa Blanca??

Yep, agree with that as well.

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roller Blading in Playa Blanca??

At just short of 5 ft tall I have actually been knocked over by more than one backpacker as they have swung round to chat to a companion, and yes, they then glare as if it your fault !

Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca
Recent Conversations