We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a good place to stay on a budget

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a good place to stay on a budget

Hi,

I've never been to Playa Blanca or Lanzarote before, I have been advised that Playa Blanca is the best resort. I'm on a total budget of around £800 including flight, and need some advise about hotels or apartments near the beach either all inclusive or self catering. I'm not sure about the cost of eating and drinking out if I opt for self catering. So far I've checked out the Cay Beach Sun Apartments and that seems pretty good. I'm a solo traveller just looking to chill out somwehere thats not overun with kids and near to bars etc. Any advise would be great. Thanks

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a good place to stay on a budget

Hi

Playa Blanca is a very laid back resort with a Spanish feel to it......not too many bars certainly little or no late night drinking(most bars closed by about midnight)

To be honest 800 GPB is quite low given that, price wise, as regards drinking etc. this is the most expensive resort in Lanzarote.......mainly a resort for families with young pre-school kids and older couples who tend to use their AI facilities to the max.

There is little self-catering accommodation other than many privately owned villas and apartments.....which again may be too expensive for your budget, especially as you want a location near one of the three(medium-sized) beaches.....which always carries a premium.

Whatever you choose have a great time .)

Edited: 07 February 2013, 09:51
Ireland
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a good place to stay on a budget

Hi Mark.

I have stayed at Cay Sun Beach apartments and reviewed them...http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g652121-d568832-r125424008-Aparthotel_Cay_Beach_Sun-Playa_Blanca_Lanzarote_Canary_Islands.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

No worries about the choice of accommodation. I avoid kids like the plague when on holiday(!), and they are easy enough to be apart from here...3 pool areas, and there is the gym. Request a sunny balcony though. Some are in the shade a little. We went s/catering and found plenty of cheap places to eat along the seafront or even in the main street. As you walk towards the seafront, you will come to the Papagayo shopping centre, (a wondeful, casual, Italian restaurant there. Fantastic food/quantities and very reasonable. Cheap burger place there too), walk along the side of that, which is a shortcut to the beach and seafront walkway. It takes about 10min stroll from the apartments. Left is the marina, right is towards the harbour and ferry. I found the marina a bit if a white elephant, but a nice stroll however. The Harp bar, amongst others, do cheap and cheerful bar food and, depending on what your tastes are, I think you will be just fine on that budget. Have a good breakfast/brunch at the apartments. It set us up for the day and we would eat about 8pm-ish. Unless you plan on drinking yourself into oblivion, you can enjoy your holiday on that budget. :-)

Oh, www.skyscanner.com is great for checking the cheapest flights and you can register for an update on them too. I found the further in advance you book, the cheaper the flights seem to be.

Edited: 07 February 2013, 10:36
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a good place to stay on a budget

Thanks Canarytime. That's just what I needed, some positive comment on that complex. Thanks for the room tip. I'm not into clubbing or drinking past midnight so some nice bars and restaurants with a laid back feel will suit me just fine. I think I might go for the self catering or B & B option. I went AI a couple of times last year, once in Majorca and I'm always suspicious that you get 2nd rate wine and beer and how much do you need to eat and drink to get your moneys worth anyway?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a good place to stay on a budget

Hi have a look at the H10 Bahia blanca rock as well, its close to the beach, easy walk to town or marina, they do both all inc and self catering. Playa blanca is a lovely place to stay.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
22 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a good place to stay on a budget

I'm going to Cay Beach in a week and we're paying €630 (that's about £545, leaving from Brussels airport) for a week of all in, flights and transfers to the hotel included. We heard that the food isn't great though so we will be probably eating out for dinner and lunch on some occasion. But our budget p.p. will be way below £800. Hope that helps.

S.

Edited: 07 February 2013, 13:16
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a good place to stay on a budget

Wow!!! Thats way cheaper than quotes I'm getting up. Generally around £850 AI including flights etc. Who did you book it with?

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a good place to stay on a budget

Hey, I usually go to playa blanca solo 3 times a year and stay at sun royal apts, it's clean, friendly and has everything you need, 10min walk to the beach and the Papago commercial centre. It's also very cheap, check travel republic, alpha rooms and low cost holidays. Once you are in playa blanca you can then budget to your needs, I never spend more than £800 total inc holiday and spends in 2 weeks..

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a good place to stay on a budget

Hi Mark

Wife an I stayed in the Sun Royal in 2006, Jezlanz will tell you if the standard of accommodation is still as good

…imageshack.us/img593/9250/20130207161637.jpg

…imageshack.us/img35/8383/20130207161701.jpg

…imageshack.us/img248/5433/20130207161729.jpg

…imageshack.us/img820/3031/20130207161816.jpg

…imageshack.us/img843/5707/20130207161856.jpg

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a good place to stay on a budget

Thats brilliant guys. Thanks jezlanz and great pics delboy. I'll checkout the Sun Royal

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
22 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a good place to stay on a budget

Maybe it's cheaper because its booked from Belgium? Not sure. I booked with Neckermann.be

Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca
Recent Conversations