We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out (mainly Marina Rubicon) - need to book tables?

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
4,839 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Eating out (mainly Marina Rubicon) - need to book tables?

Hi All

Visiting PB for the first time in late June, staying at Marina Rubicon end. I've seen some reports on here about the need to reserve tables in restaurants - that did kind of surprise me as I've not really heard of that in holiday resorts before and we prefer to be a bit more relaxed about meal times on holiday. We are more than happy to wander along the marina until we find a restaurant we like the look of with an outside/view table free. Will our usual routine work OK in Marina Rubicon/PB?

Thanks for any advice!

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
4,951 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating out (mainly Marina Rubicon) - need to book tables?

Hi

Never found the need to book tables anywhere in PB.....if one restaurant is full there is usuallly another next door.........as long as you are flexible this should not be a problem.........it only seems to arise in the AI hotels when you need to pre-book a table for your one ´´special´´ meal a week in the ´´a-la carte´´dining room.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating out (mainly Marina Rubicon) - need to book tables?

Hi Vegasshowgirl....like you we like to have a wander and not be tied down to a time by booking. There is one restaurant in the Marina you should try to reserve a table for, which is Afrodite Little Italy. Particularly if you visit on a Wed or Sat when there is live music from Mr Brown playing a sax.

I'm sure you'd still get a table if not, but we often visit this restaurant for a birthday/anniversary treat, so like to know we have a table.

There are a few places in marina for you to try, plus a 20 minute walk into Playa Blanca for more choice.

PS there is a fab chill out bar in marina called Vino Blanco....they do the best Gin and Tonics! Also, Global House do brilliant cocktails.

Enjoy, I'm sure you will love it!

9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating out (mainly Marina Rubicon) - need to book tables?

If some of the restaurants in playa blanca upped there game a bit you may find a bit of a que to get in most are happy to serve wetherspoons quality food for claridges prices I went half board at princess yaiza over Christmas and it was better than any eatery in playa blanca it was like having my one special meal a week but every night??

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,007 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating out (mainly Marina Rubicon) - need to book tables?

Maybe you've been eating in the wrong places!

9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating out (mainly Marina Rubicon) - need to book tables?

I've been there many times eaten at majority of restuarants there that's my view all serving the same stuff poor quality for what you pay have board at a decent hotel you can't go wrong

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,007 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating out (mainly Marina Rubicon) - need to book tables?

We'll have to agree to differ. There are restaurants I don't eat in. Not because the food is bad, but because you can get better in other restaurants. I don't think they are over priced, and I've never had a quality issue. Hotels on Lanzarote do not appeal at all. I'm not into being herded together with loads of other tourists when there are so many good villas and restaurants to choose from.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,886 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating out (mainly Marina Rubicon) - need to book tables?

I found the food was fine at the marina, tends to be a bit more expensive than in the town. I would have thought the Princessa Yaiza over Christmas half board would be extremely expensive

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating out (mainly Marina Rubicon) - need to book tables?

can't agree with your summary of PB restaurants - sounds more like you've tried the restaurants on the seafront which tend more towards what you describe but I'm pretty sure if you'd eaten in restaurants like La Chalanita, Casa Brigida, Sebastyans, Luna Rossa, Afrodite Little Italy, Manos, Cervantes, El Mirador, La Bocaina....... then you would have a much more positive view of the restaurants in Blanca, the choice and quality of which is one of the reasons many of us return year after year.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating out (mainly Marina Rubicon) - need to book tables?

Agree with JoMark, plenty of lovely restaurants out there...would Los Hevideros to the list too.

I've stayed in princesa yaiza at least 6 times but always B&B which means I can go sample different restaurants and Playa Blanca certainly has plenty choice to suit all tastes and pockets too.

We visit PB at least 6-7 times a year and always find new places to try with little disappointment.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
852 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eating out (mainly Marina Rubicon) - need to book tables?

Hi Vegas,

Visiting PB for the first time ... the last thing you need is to be put off by damning comments about its restaurants from one reviewer!

As a regular visitor to PB, I can assure you that there are excellent restaurants in PB to meet all tastes and budgets. You would be very unlucky to have a bad or overpriced meal at the Marina, and there are a lot of restaurants there to choose from. There are also good restaurants elsewhere in PB as other have said, but you're best avoiding most of those on the seafront in the town.

And yes, I've eaten at the Princess Yaiza. My wife and I ate in its Japanese restaurant Kampai to celebrate our anniversary last April. Nice meal, glass of Cava each to start, then a nice bottle of wine .. and it came to €143, nearly three times the cost of an excellent meal in any of our favourite restaurants in PB.