We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel dilema

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
178 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
hotel dilema

well I booked a flight to Lanzarote after my daughter stayed at the Princess Yazia 18 months ago with the intention of staying there she picked it as she had a young baby we are in our early fifties. Hubby is gobsmacked at the prices for bed and breakfast!! so wants me to find somewhere else. We are flying on Sunday, yes this Sunday!! and still havent got anywhere to stay. I looked at the Iberostar Papagayo, (some rooms ahve bad reviews) the Volcan (it seems some parts of it will be closed for a refurb) the Hesperia Playa Dorada and the Pueblo Marina (again some reviews about needing refurb) as alternatives and each TA about the rooms and location of the rooms seems to put me off. We like a room with a view, air conditioning is another must although not sure if we will need it at this time of year and either a fridge or a mini bar to keep the beer cold!! Dont want to be too far out so have tried to find hotels within a similar location to the Yazia if only I could persuade him to part with the mega bucks needed to stay there! I am seriously going crazy trying to find somewhere.

a bit more help would be welcome

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
375 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel dilema

Hi Fabfifty

We're going a week Friday (fab50s also!) and staying at the Iberostar Lanzarote Park. It's only a 3*, but has had mostly favourable reviews, saying that it's great value for money. We chose it for the location, sea views - which also catch sunsets - and fridges. There have been some complaints about the air con, but maybe that was just one room, I don't know. There were doubles with sea views still available last week when I booked. With Asda Travel, which was an amazing £330 for five nights, plus breakfast. Good luck with your choice!

scotland
Level Contributor
34 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel dilema

You must be so stressed!!! We have been severel times to Playa Blanca staying at the Iberostar which was lovely and severel times at the Flamingo, before it went AI. We prefer to stay at that end of the resort as it's a lot quieter. There are a few restaurants nearby and the walk into the main town is lovely, taking about 15mins. There is a lovely beach too. We are heading back in July but have booked private accomodation this time opting for Jardine Del Sol. I would never go AI as the restaurants are lovely and plenty of them. Hope you get sorted. I had friends staying at The Lanzarote Princess and Cay Beach Sun, both said they were lovely if that helps!! Have a lovely time!

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,904 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel dilema

may be worth looking at the Timanfaya Palace or the Natura Palace both look smart from the outside I have not stayed at either and the latter would be too far out of town for me

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g652121-i11244-k…

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
178 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel dilema

clogger which Iberostar did you stay at isnt the Princess behind the Yazia?

Delboy dont want to be too far out dont want HB or all inclusive dont mind b and b or even SC if there were any nice apartments. I think what I really want is the Yazia but at half the price!!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel dilema

that's going to be your problem - especially at such short notice. You need to be realistic - you won't get a Princess Yaiza standard of facilities, views and location unless you stay at Princess Yaiza.

Try Timanfaya Palace or Lanzarote Princess. Pueblo Marinero is a fab location but accommodation is very tired. If you can get the Volcan within your price, that would my alternative to the Yaiza.

scotland
Level Contributor
34 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel dilema

We stayed at the Iberostar right next to the Flamingo. Delboy has a link where you can look and see what you think. It was lovely when we stayed, rooms were nice, view was fab, did'nt eat there as we like to eat out. Like I said it's about a 15 min walk into town, but the area is lovely, much nicer than being in the centre, and the bech is nice, not too overcrowded. Get booked up you will not be disappointed!! Do you not fancy a private apartment? It will probably work out cheaper, there are a lot of private apartments at the Flamingo, and most of them are at the quieter end of hotel or on the front. Jardin del sol is right behind the Iberostar, there are only 30 apartments on the complex, nothing fancy and they come in at a good price and most of them will sort out transfers from the airport for you. Good Luck!!

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,904 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel dilema

from what you originally said , I refrained to mention the Pueblo Marinero, we have stayed there the last twice and found it ok, we didn't have a refurbished one which I understand are over the swimming pool. We didn't find the apartments were too bad, we were lucky to get a sea view but that wont happen often but those at the back are also fine. Judge for yourself from this review I did, I tell it as it is, bathroom lets it down a bit

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26

You're just not going to get luxury if your not prepared to pay for it. Yes we look on in envy at the Yaiza but we are realistic, hope it helps

Edited: 07 May 2013, 22:00
CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
178 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel dilema

clogger where do you find the private apartments at the Flamingo, ive looked on owners direct and holiday lettings I know I am late notice but in my defense only booked flights 2 weeks ago as fed up of work and rotten weather!!

delboy could you send me your link, much appreciated x

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,904 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel dilema

Hi Clogger, yes sorry missed you post writing mine, here's the link showing the hotels along the promenade and going passed the Lanzarote park and the Flamingo apts

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10

Edited: 07 May 2013, 22:06
Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel dilema

Bahia Blanca Rock is over the road from Princess Yaiza,obviously doesn't have the views or luxury but is an ideal s/c or b+b base and you can sneak into P.Y. for a nose like we did.The pool and facilities are more than adequate and the hotel is quite peaceful but still within striking distance of all the bars and restaurants.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca
Recent Conversations