We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

samsung tablet

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire
Level Contributor
197 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
samsung tablet

we go to playa blanca on Thurs could someone pls tell me will my Samsung tablet work on the plane its wifi only thinking of getting some films on it for the flight

Thanks in advance

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,508 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: samsung tablet

It will work, but your wi-fi will need to be disabled before you switch your tablet off for take off. There won't be any wi-fi in flight anyway. Surely the films will be stored on the tablet, so you won't need it.

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
4,722 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: samsung tablet

Hi

Instead of taking the risk of your personal electronic equipment messing with the plane´s avionics systems(with potentially fatal results ) I can recommend an entertainment system that is 100% safe to use on planes.........its called a book....and can be purchased quite cheaply (or even if that is too much it too can be ´´pirated´´by borrowing from a relation or friend).......weighs about the same as a Tablet but here is the good news.....if it is lost/stolen /left behind it does not cost the earth to replace it......alternatively you could play ´´I-Spy´´ but apart from sea,clouds and the occassional plane this does get repetative.

cheshire
Level Contributor
197 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: samsung tablet

Very good the films are bought or rented so thanks

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
286 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: samsung tablet

If you look in the menu it should have flight mode same as a phone , simply select before you fly and it makes the device safe

Regards

scotland
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: samsung tablet

Don't think Lanzalocal is a big fan of Samsung tablets by the looks of things

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
4,722 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: samsung tablet

Hi

Not a big fan of any electronic gadget.(phones/laptop/I Pads/tablets etc.).....what did people do before their invention ??? its a 4 to 4 and half hour flight plus you´re on holiday--- why bring things with you that you can have at home ?? and to me the point of a holiday is to get away and experience the local culture.....not to bring mine from home with me !(so everyone can contact me)

Edited: 02 July 2013, 23:57
UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: samsung tablet

Progress is a wonderful thing. Gone are the days of using up valuable space and weight on several books for a holiday especially when you're a prolific reader like myself. Now I have 1500+ on a teeny tiny device called a Kindle ! It's the future LL

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
4,722 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: samsung tablet

Hi

Kindles are fair enough but I myself prefer the feel of a proper book or magazine.........something you can re-read at a later date rather than delete as soon as ! .....same with digital photos ......once seen then usually deleted.....future generations cannot re-live those memories.(or see how life once was) unlike the old photo/negative system.....progress is good if balanced with common sense

Edited: 03 July 2013, 00:04
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,068 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: samsung tablet

Well since the OP is interested in taking the tablet, I suspect he or she is interested in using the technology. And you cant take down a plane by not turning off wifi.

So anyway, just turn off wifi and it is fine. You can watch any movie that you have downloaded to the device, but you cant stream anything, like from Netflix.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,508 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: samsung tablet

I have a tablet, that I use for other things, but still take my paperbacks on holiday. I much prefer reading from a 'proper' book.