We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regular flyers from Manchester

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Regular flyers from Manchester

Hi

We have booked a villa in Playa Blanca for 2 weeks next May and am now looking at flights from Manchester.We have not been to the Canaries before and am wondering if what we have found flight wise is a good price as we are booking early or if we are better waiting to see if the price comes down.What do you think?

We have been quoted £635 on the Monarche website for the 2 of us return including extra leg room seats and 3kg extra baggage.The flight times suit us ie 7am going out and about 1pm coming back.

The only other good flight times I found were with Thomson and by the time I had added everything on it came to £805.Is this likely to be a better/more comfortable flight?

Your thoughts and advice would be most appreciated,thanks

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,273 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regular flyers from Manchester

We usually fly Monarch from Manchester, but swapped to Jet2 from Blackpool this year.

I like Monarch flights to Lanza. We always book the extra legroom rows at the front of the aircraft and they suit us great. I prefer them to Thomsons any day, but it's just personal choice. Flight prices do seem to be rising year on year. This year they had gone up quite a bit from last year.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regular flyers from Manchester

We use Monarch out of Manchester quite regularly.

We usually pay around £300-350 for two of us but only travel with hand luggage.

But if you've got day and times to suit you them you'd be disappointed if you waited and then missed out.

By the way Ryanair have just started a route to Lanza from Manchester but they won't be out for next May yet I dont think.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,396 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regular flyers from Manchester

We fly from Liverpool with Easyjet and have always found their flights to be the cheapest. Not so great flight times though.

Staffs
Level Contributor
101 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regular flyers from Manchester

Always used monarch except last year when Ryanair from Liverpool was £400 cheaper for 3 of us. However, monarch was cheaper again this year. I'd check Liverpool and manchester for monarch, Ryanair, jet2 and easy jet to compare!

oldham
Level Contributor
981 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Regular flyers from Manchester

the easyjet flight prices for May next year wont be out till the first week in September ,but it is best to sign up to lowcostroutes and they will notify you on there flight alert page,the day that easyjet releases their flights

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Regular flyers from Manchester

Hi

We use Monarch and have gone from Mancheter as we live in Staffordshire, however last time it was cheaper to go with them from Birmingham even when I had factored in the extra travel.

Regards

Edited: 15 July 2013, 19:22
UK
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Regular flyers from Manchester

We use Monarch several times a year and are quite happy with their flights and times (OH likes to get there early!). They are always cheaper than Thomson, who are no better (we used to fly with them). The price you quote is a little bit more than we usually pay, but leg room seats push the price up. I think the prices go up rather than down as time goes on. I would book now, personally.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Regular flyers from Manchester

Thanks for all your replies they are really helpful. I think I am going to try and book the Monarch flights today.

Thanks

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Regular flyers from Manchester

Monarch were doing something like £20 or 25 off return flights. the code will be on their website if still available.

Holmfirth, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Regular flyers from Manchester

Enter the code

BIG20 for the £20 off

plus if you sign up for Quidco you can get 2% cashback on your ticket purchases