We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach front hotels

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beach front hotels

Can anyone recommend a hotel that is right next to the sea (not a five or ten minute walk even). Also is the sea temperature in Lanzarote on par with Med resorts? I love swimming in the sea but I've been told that Lanzarote sea temps are much cooler as it's an Atlantic resort. Thanks to anyone that can assist.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,042 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach front hotels

Princesa Yaiza with a sandy beach Hesperia next door but not stayed at either

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach front hotels

The sea is not as cold as in Portugal if you've ever been swimming there. Not quite as warm as the Med, but once you're in it's lovely and you find that there are warm and cold pockets as you swim around. I was grateful of the cold pockets last month.

Newton Aycliffe
Level Contributor
146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach front hotels

My husband and I have stayed in the Iberostar Lanzarote Park hotel and it is right next to the Flaming Playa beach.

Also all the rooms have some sort of sea view.

We would highly recommend this hotel.

Middleton, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach front hotels

The Holiday Village Lanzarote [if you will be with children] is right on Playa Flamingo] and as Dellboy has said the Princess Yaiza and Hesperia Playa Dorada are right on Playa Dorada beach

Regards

Denis

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach front hotels

Princesa Yaiza is right on the front. Stayed there a while back, but much prefer to rent a villa. It gets some good reviews, although I thought it a bit overrated and wasn't over impressed. But each to their own, location wise it's good. The sea is not as cold or as rough as Portugal, at least not when I've been. In fact the sea felt warmer than our pool one year!

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,042 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach front hotels

all the hotels mentioned are on this walk plus others that don't have beaches or access within 5 mins

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10

I can't help you with the sea temperature as I only go in our winter time and I then just dip my toes in the sea and the christmas tree lights start flickering lol

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,042 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach front hotels

but even then people are in the sea

img20.imageshack.us/img20/2230/nok9.jpg

img13.imageshack.us/img13/9238/fpov.jpg

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
750 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach front hotels

Sea temperature - you ask whether Lanzarote is on par with Med resorts, but you don't say when you're thinking of going to Lanzarote.

Temperatures obviously vary through the year. While the Med will be hotter in the summer, it will be a lot colder in the winter. Temperatures don't vary as much in Lanzarote - it's nice all year round (rarely too hot, never too cold). Comparing the average temperatures for Lanzarote with (say) Ibiza, there's not much in it, but it all depends when you go:

Average Sea Temperature - Lanzarote 20.7, Ibiza 19.3

Max Sea Temperature - Lanzarote 25, Ibiza 28

Min Sea Temperature - Lanzarote 18, Ibiza 13

You might want to do some digging for yourself on the useful website:

www.sea-temperature.com

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach front hotels

Thank you all. I was thinking of summer next year, we're torn between Menorca and Lanzarote, but the main thing is that I want to do lots of sea swimming and I like the water as warm as possible. Cheers.

10. Re: Beach front hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 07:18