We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regular visitors

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Regular visitors

Hi, to those of you who visit Lanzarote regularly, possibly have villas or apartments - could you tell me where to get the best deals on flights, please? Been struggling to get anything under £350 pp once the luggage and taxes go on.

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regular visitors

You could try travelsupermarket website, or skyscanner. Both these search for available flights on a given date, or month in the case of skyscanner. We use Monarch, but depends where you are flying from.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regular visitors

Thanks I will check them out. Think that's the problem. It has to be EMA or BHX. To go to Gatwick would mean any money saved would be swallowed up travelling there.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 22:15
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regular visitors

Yup, flights are the killer pricewise, lanzarote 4u is the site we always use, reasonable villas, expensive flights, it may be worth considering travelling from another airport

London
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regular visitors

Of all the london airports Luton is generally the cheapest closely followed by gatwick.

If you are prepared to fly out of Brum or EMA then Luton only another hour and you can get some bargain Ryanair flights out of there even when you addin luggage.

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Regular visitors

I paid £560 return for two of us couple of months ago with Thomas cook. Flying on 26 sept, return 3 oct. from Manchester. The cheapest flight from EMA was a lot dearer and flight time much later which meant we would only have had five days holiday. The £560 was the final price, including 20kg hold luggage each. Used skyscanner and for the times we wanted TC were the best. EMA is only 15 miles from home, but have only flown from there once. That was 7.30 am on a Sunday. Not paying for accommodation so £560 for two of us is a very cheap holiday!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
434 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Regular visitors

Flights from Leeds-Bradford tend to be pretty cheap compared to other airports, and both Jet2 and Monarch fly to Lanzarote from there.

I recently booked with Monarch for October flying from LBA, total cost of £430 for 2 people flying out on a Thursday and flying back 12 days later on a Monday.

Edited: 21 August 2013, 13:38
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Regular visitors

As said above, flight prices have gone up, it seems if you can get a decent price one way it is a lot more the other way. We have booked Monarch and the total was £700 return for three , no luggage. I have even looked at a flight to mainland Spain or Portugal and then on to Lanzarote but it is still no cheaper. What we have done to reduce the cost is to use Tesco reward vouchers in exchange for Monarch credit vouchers. For every £10 in Tesco vouchers you get £15 Monarch. We also have petrol points from Shell which give you avois credit which you can use for other flights. The only other tip is to look to book as far in advance as possible and my wife, who scrutinises the prices insists that I book on weekday as the prices go up at the weekend. Not sure if that is the case, but it would not surprise me.

Regards

UK
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Regular visitors

Thanks for the tip about monarch vouchers! Might try that myself.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Regular visitors

I see that nectar points allow you to exchange for easyjet flights, liverpool -lanzarote @ 500 points for £2.50 credit, doesn't sound much, but they give them to you for free on shopping etc + if you take Sainsburys credit card they quadruple the points on purchases in store.

regards

Edited: 21 August 2013, 15:16
London
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Regular visitors

Agreed with someone above.....flight prices across the board seem to be a lot more expensive than in recent years - even in the "quiet" months in Jan and Feb when in the past you could easily find returns below £100 with luggage am struggling to find below £150.