We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars in Playa Blanca for the over 40's

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bars in Playa Blanca for the over 40's

Hi,

Will be visiting PB in October to celebrate my Hubbys Birthday. Can anyone recommend any good bars. We normally gravitate to the Irish Harp and surrounding area. Not really interested in Sports Bars. (thx) Somewhere friendly with music from 60's 70's and 80's would be great or anywhere with live entertainment.

Many thanks in advance.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars in Playa Blanca for the over 40's

Hi

Over 40´s are Playa Blanca´s equivalent of ´´under-age´´drinkers.........just go into any bar during October to March to see what I mean .........LOL ;)....mind you don´t trip over the zimmer frames and wheelchairs though .)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars in Playa Blanca for the over 40's

Cheeeeeky. . . .Lol. . . . .

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars in Playa Blanca for the over 40's

We are there 3rd till 14th Oct, will be popping into the Old Mill, Irish Anvil, Blue note and Marea bar up near Natura Palace, all have live music, Marea only twice a week, Wed and sun I think, we are young 50's and 30's, no zimmers either, lol

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,836 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars in Playa Blanca for the over 40's

struggling to think of anywhere appropiate in PB, we went to such a place in Greece this year that would have been perfect, we are in our sixties and spent that particular evening trying to remember who sang the songs that were being played lol

img22.imageshack.us/img22/3520/r5v3.jpg

I remember Bryan Adams record being played at the Casa Brigila one lunchtime whilst having a fry up

img32.imageshack.us/img32/4614/wumj.jpg

I don't know whether they play any music in the evenings, Lani's at the marina had a singer on the Friday whilst having our meal. The Jungle Bar had live music but usually a guitar/singer but did have a pop group on one night but we tend to go more later into the zimmer season and there is not so many of us about lol

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars in Playa Blanca for the over 40's

Thanks for the replies so far. . . . .

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
123 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars in Playa Blanca for the over 40's

Jungle discoteca has live music most nights covering quite a span of genres. It doesn't turn into a "disco" til later in the evening. At this point it is Spanish kids in their late teens/early 20s

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
930 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars in Playa Blanca for the over 40's

The Blue Notes restaurant & bar at the marina has live music most nights.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars in Playa Blanca for the over 40's

I would say stick to the Marina Rubicon area. Plenty of bars and lovely restaurants. I agree that Blue Note is great in the evening. You can also go to the bar area at the back of the Princess Yaiza hotel which is open to everyone and has live music on every night

9. Re: Bars in Playa Blanca for the over 40's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 05:18