We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

playa blanca to fuerteventura

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
playa blanca to fuerteventura

Hi We are staying on lanzarote for 2 days and getting a boat over to corralejo.

Is there a more economical way of doing this than booking a foot passenger ticket on the web with fred olsen??

thanks penny

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,506 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: playa blanca to fuerteventura

yes with either a ticket from a chap called Phil in the harbour kiosk or with Lastminute-transfer or CustomerTravel

sample

lastminute-transfer.com/lastminute_trip.asp

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
287 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: playa blanca to fuerteventura

You can book at the ticket office for the Armas ferry or online here

http://www.navieraarmas.com/en/home

I think the small glass bottom boats go across as well

You can look in the posts here

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/SearchForums…

Regards

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,506 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: playa blanca to fuerteventura

That would be nearly twice the cost Chester, also the glassbottom boat will give you a terrible ride if the sea blows up rough

Level Contributor
787 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: playa blanca to fuerteventura

Can you bring car on the ferry. Would like to be able to drive instead if walk and maybe see more

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,506 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: playa blanca to fuerteventura

The cost to a non resident was 80 odd euros and would depend on your hire company as to whether they would let you Lfogart, not sure what would happen if you brokedown you would probably have to pay for the recovery

img854.imageshack.us/img854/7748/okn3.jpg

LastMinute and CustomerTravel do an Island tour as well as Coralejo

Edited: 12 October 2013, 16:26
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,027 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: playa blanca to fuerteventura

Some car hire companies will let you take the car off the island, but only with prior agreement. I know Cabrera Medina allow it (or did the last time I asked). Some companies don't allow it all. It certainly isn't cheap to take a car over though. Not sure if it would work out cheaper to hire for a day when you get to Corralejo.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: playa blanca to fuerteventura

We used the glass bottom boat. A word of warning - the last boat of the day left Corralejo 15 minutes early, despite the man who sold us the tickets telling us what time it left the harbour and it also being printed on our tickets. Lucky for us we were at the harbour in good time but were standing by the wall watching the waves for a few mins and having a cigarette. We couldn't believe it when without any warning they removed the gang plank thing and made ready to sail off - this would be about 25 mins before scheduled to leave. We ran down to the boat and they very pissed-offily put the gang plank back up so we could get on. There were several other people who got on after us which they had to put the plank back up for too and I'm sure there must have been others who missed the last boat because they eventually left the harbour 15 mins early.

Edited: 13 October 2013, 10:08
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: playa blanca to fuerteventura

Oh and we paid 21 euros each. There are plenty of companies who do the trip and they were charging between 20 - 35 euros when we were there in July. Fred Olsen was the dearest but if I went again I think I would use him as the voyage would be more comfortable and I'm sure he'd be more reliable and stick to his time table.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,506 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: playa blanca to fuerteventura

you were brave to go ont it Janie, as both the islands are in the Trade winds, one can leave from Playa Blanca on a nice day and see it blow up, as in this trip, glad I wasn''t on the small glass bottom boat going back lol

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=40

Edited: 13 October 2013, 10:28
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: playa blanca to fuerteventura

yes, it got a bit choppy on the way back...luckily I have good sea legs but it made me smile how everyone was loud and chatty as we set off and then they all went quiet...concentrating on trying not to chuck up I expect :D