We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good quality All Inclusive in Playa Blanca?

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
Good quality All Inclusive in Playa Blanca?

Hi there,

We're thinking of heading to Lanzarote (playa blanca) in particular during December.

Normally when we go on holidays we get a decent 4/5* hotel or good standard of self catering, however this time we're thinking of going All Inclusive - will be our first time!

Are there are good standard (say a nice 4*) All Inclusive resorts in Playa Blanca?

Preferably a resort with bungalows/villas as opposed to an aparthotel type place. Nothing looking for somewhere dated and worn, but somewhere relatively modern and clean.

We want somewhere quiet and clean with somewhat good food (from what I gather AI won't have great food so prepared for this)

Any ideas or suggestions would be great - would really appreciate some feedback!

Many thanks :)

Edited: 17 December 2013, 23:16
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good quality All Inclusive in Playa Blanca?

I'm afraid I would never recommend AI in Lanzarote. The truth is there are so many fabulous restaurants of all cuisines and prices it makes much more sense to go SC or BB and enjoy different restaurants and quality food - the choice of restaurants.

I understand how AI can work for families but since this would be your first time I'd say stick with BB/SC. In my opinion hotels that offer AI often suffer from poorer levels of service than others. So, in summary, I think you can have good quaity accommodation or you can have AI - but the two don't often go well together.

Hope you have a fabulous holiday wherever you choose.

Ireland
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good quality All Inclusive in Playa Blanca?

Hi JoMark - having spent the past few hours trawling through here and various forums, it seems you're absolutely correct. As I said previously, we've never been AI before, but from what I've read that seems like a bit of a non-runner now as we do like our food and eating out is one of our favourite aspects of a holiday and discovering lovely new restaurants :)

From doing a bit of search I just found the H10 White Suites - they look quite nice, the fact that they've just been refurbished is a big plus.

Got a fairly good rate for HB - not much more than BB - might try that as we can still eat out during the day for lunch and have the out dinner out also unless the food is dire, in which case we'd eat out the whole time.

Bangor, Co. Down
Level Contributor
87 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good quality All Inclusive in Playa Blanca?

Hi Trixie.Firecracker

I think you have made the correct decision. Looking at photos there does appear to be the option of making snack meals if you want to? We always go SC as there are so many restaurants to choose from and I reckon if you book AI, you have paid your money so the hotel don’t have to go to any effort to earn it. Never stayed AI before but will be for two nights during a 14 day trip to Lanza commencing later this week. I hope to be proved wrong!

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good quality All Inclusive in Playa Blanca?

Hi I agree with jomark . We went last December to playa blanca and stayed all inclusive . After 5 days I got bored of eating all our meals in the hotel ! I kept seeing beautiful restaurants dotted all about the place but my other half said that because we had already paid for meals it would be a waste . Of course he was right ! This year we are heading back for new year and guess what , we are going self catering and I can't wait ! Hope you have a wonderful time . Playa blanca is stunning !

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good quality All Inclusive in Playa Blanca?

Why pay for a hotel room when for much the same price you could have a private villa with own pool ?

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
515 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good quality All Inclusive in Playa Blanca?

I would like to reccomend Iberostar Lanzarote Park for AI, then food is wonderful, and the hotel is lovely, it is only a 3star, but

I believe that is because it has no AC, we werevther in Sept. and it was not a problem, just my opinion.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good quality All Inclusive in Playa Blanca?

I guess it depends on your budget. If you can afford to go B & B then go for it. Otherwise either of the Iberostar hotels in PB look great

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,928 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good quality All Inclusive in Playa Blanca?

I'm in agreement with most other posts. AI is not good quality on Lanza. It's not going to happen with the tour operators paying the hotels the pittance that they do. The only people benefiting are the tour operators. There is such a wide range of good restaurants, to suit all budgets, it such a waste to confine yourself to eating mass produced food.

I would, and am considering B&B, but that would be as much as I could manage in a hotel. Personally I prefer the space, and freedom self catering offers.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good quality All Inclusive in Playa Blanca?

We go AI and its great , I honestly cant see how you can make such a sweeping statement when you have never been AI ??

AI may not suit you but it doesn't mean you can tar every AI hotel with the same brush.

Each to their own , All this AI bashing on the forum is getting a bit boring especially when the statements are just plucked from the air and not based on fact or actual experience.

There are some very well priced AI deals available allowing the option to mix a holiday up by eating out and not feeling you have paid twice.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good quality All Inclusive in Playa Blanca?

Hi MillieMigia,

Not sure if your comments are directed at one of us or in general. To be clear, the advice here is aimed at giving the OP enough information to allow them to make up their own mind. Some of us have tried AI and others may not have. As I said previously I do understand how it suits some. But in this case the OP said clearly that they'd never been AI and like good food - I simply think that the majority of AI offerings in PB are likely to disappoint in those circumstances. Often people have tried AI in long haul destinations in Caribbean or Indian Ocean - and in those cases I'd happily recommend AI but it's a very different model in the Canaries.

It's not so much about bashing AI - more about promoting the fantastic selection of local restaurants - priced to suit all and that simply offers a much more diverse dining experience than AI.

I'm also not sure how you can allege that "the statements are just plucked from the air and not based on fact or actual experience".

Anyway, you are clearly a fan of AI and I hope you continue to enjoy it - we're all entitled to offer our differing perspectives.