We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What did you do on your ferry trip to Fuerteventura?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
What did you do on your ferry trip to Fuerteventura?

As our holiday to PB fast approaches we are planning our days out. My sister who has learning disabilities likes to be quite active so I am looking at all the options. We are definitely going to go on the ferry for a day out but how to get the most out of it?

Trike tours look like something a bit different

There is a zoo, but is it any better than Rancho Texas and not clear on location (could it be too far from the port?)

Beaches, are they any better than Papagayo?

Is there just plenty to see just wandering around the harbour?

What did you all do on your trip over there?

Thanks

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What did you do on your ferry trip to Fuerteventura?

I am told this is very good, have not done it myself but have seen them about.

Have a look at the review

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g652121-…

Re the ferry have to say it is a short trip and corraleco is ok for a visit. We did go on a snorkelling trip to the island of the Coast, Islas Los lobos, which involved a rib boat ride across and some great snorkelling.

Regards

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What did you do on your ferry trip to Fuerteventura?

We went with the sole purpose of going to Lobos for the day, we wondered if it was a bit ambitious but we had plenty of time to spend a few hours on Lobos and a wander round Corralejo too.

The beach is quite small although if you wander out a bit towards the Hotels it's more spacious. You can walk for miles if that's what you like, but yes you can while away a few hours wandering around too.

Have fun :)

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What did you do on your ferry trip to Fuerteventura?

the animal park in pajara is massive and a lot bigger than rancho and you get to feed some of the animals.It is also more open plan so is more animal friendly.The down side is that it is one hour travel time from corralejo.The links below are the only way you can get there by local transport.

fuerteventuraoasispark.com/sites/default/fil…

These are the free bus times around corralejo,you the need to be up early for the first ferry over.The link below tells you it goes at .

fredolsen.es/en-US/…C-DatosTarifa.aspx

You then have a 750 metre walk to the Bristol Playa.A long but good day out

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,493 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What did you do on your ferry trip to Fuerteventura?

Hi Chrissey

We went over to Fuerteventura but it didn't turn out to be a good day weatherwise, but the town of Correljo has a small town beach but the big dunes are a taxi ride away. There are harbour restaurants and bars around a narrow promenade for quite a long stretch plus more in town.

The dunes are quite big from the pictures I have seen of them and the sand is blown over from Africa on the back of the Trade Winds I could see surf kites in that direct in the distance.

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php…

I understand there is a water park over there but not seen it, one of the stops on the tour of the island trip is to feed tame chipmunks type creatures but wouldn't be next to the port

Edited: 13 March 2014, 19:44
Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What did you do on your ferry trip to Fuerteventura?

delboyaylsebury why arent you an expert on lanzarote as all your posts are helpful and not just copy and paste.and you have taken the time to put on more posts than most about lanzarote.From me i would award you an expert lanzarote badge and playa blanca badge.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
472 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What did you do on your ferry trip to Fuerteventura?

I second that for Delboy!

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What did you do on your ferry trip to Fuerteventura?

I third it for Delboy. Go on, you know you are worth it ;)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What did you do on your ferry trip to Fuerteventura?

Thanks for all your replies

The Segeway tours I have looked at before in other places and although they look good fun I don't think my sister would grasp the controls.

The zoo we really fancy, I know my sister would love it but a lot of travelling there, will have to weigh it up a bit more.

As for Delboy, we have been a lot of places and hence used a lot of TA forums and I can't think of any forum that has the luxury of having someone with such detailed knowledge as Delboy .This is a very lucky forum to have someone like him and if he isn't a destination expert I don't know who is!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What did you do on your ferry trip to Fuerteventura?

I seventh that about Delboy. When we went to Corralejo on the ferry we just wandered around the town for a bit, watched the fishermen on the beach fishing with bread and catching loads. Watched people having a go at water sports - some boot type things you put on that spurt out water at high speed and propel you high into the air. Had a bite to eat at a tapas bar - the penultimate one along the front before you reach the ferry terminal. The tapas was the best I've ever had and can recommend the goat's cheese with red wine jue served with warm bread- incredible! Beware of the shops though. We found that they are more expensive than Playa Blanca ones. The perfume I bought for my daughter was a good 10 euros more in Feurteventura I later found out. Also I prefer PB to Corralejo as it's a much more up-market resort IMO. Having said that, I'm glad we went. Enjoy your holiday.

London
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What did you do on your ferry trip to Fuerteventura?

We went to Fuerte for best part of a week - reastically unless you leave on the first ferry and come back on the last and take a car your will not be able to do half the things you want. If you are in PB I would have thought plenty of things to do in Lanza before you need to start looking further afield?

As mentioned the more interesting sites are a good 45 min to an hour if not more of a drive.

Although a trip to Lobos island would be good!