We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time all inclusive

wales
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First time all inclusive

After spending many holidays in lanzarote on half board,volcan hotel ,natura place,timofaya hotels and a few more,my wife and I have just booked a weeks stay at the sandos papagayo beach resort for our very first all inclusive hols,

We know that area very well lovely walks along from there to playa blanca,going there on 2-June don't think there be to many school children there ,will there,looking forward to it

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,803 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time all inclusive

you should be ok, as I don't think children have broken up in the UK but you can always check the reviews from that time last year to see if people mention it

London
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time all inclusive

Schools won't be breaking up till second week of July.

Its easy to tell when the schools break up - pull up skyscanner and look to see when the flights go from £120 return to £400 return......that will be the start of school holidays....

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time all inclusive

No wonder parents take their kids on holiday in term time. The increases in price during school holidays are ridiculous

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time all inclusive

Totally agree, high time something was done about it. Doesn't affect me now as I wouldn't want to go in July/august time, too hot. I know people (my son included) who have gone in term time and paid the fine as it is still cheaper! even though both parents have to pay. £80 each per child. Ok if you've just got one child you pay £160 extra. Expensive if you've 2 or 3 kids.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time all inclusive

Doesn't effect me either Mosley but I really feel sorry for parents paying through the nose. I would be doing exactly the same thing if it meant having a holiday or not. Certainly should be governed better so the airlines can't increase the fares so much

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First time all inclusive

I've got three kids and we did go away in term time as no way could afford prices for 5 in July and August. In those days all that was required was a letter to the headmaster telling him the dates they would be absent. It then changed to writing and asking headteacher's permission, which was always given.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,199 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time all inclusive

fountrd. It will be interesting to read your thoughts after your 1st AI holiday in Lanza. Pros and cons.

On the knock on question of school holiday prices, be careful what you wish for. If prices for school holiday periods were capped (difficult if not impossible to enforce in a free market) the tour operators would have to recoup that money by increasing costs for other times. It's been said many times but it's all about supply and demand. High demand has always meant premium prices whilst low demand generally means discounted prices. It happens in all areas of business. For example I was looking for 1 night accommodation near Perth in late September and couldn't work out why supply was so limited and prices so high. I then discovered that the Ryder Cup is on over the weekend I will be up there. Travelodge want £200 for 1 night - 1 week earlier and the price is £60!

London
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time all inclusive

Indeed - couples fancying a romantic weekend break in Rome this weekend would have been surprised to see flights costing upwards of £400......but then realising England V Italy rugby match is on...

durham
Level Contributor
189 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time all inclusive

My son's school has their half term holiday the last week in May, which is when we'll be at Sandos Papagayo. We usually holiday first 2 weeks in August, but he's 13 in June, so as well as the ridiculous school holiday prices, we would have to pay adult price for him.

northumberland
Level Contributor
253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: First time all inclusive

My kids are grown up and have long since fled the nest, but as the firm I work for close down for holidays ie Whit week, the first 2 weeks of the school summer holidays, Blackberry week in October, and Christmas I have no choice but to pay the hyped up prices!!!!!

Oh and by the way I will only go to Adults only hotels!!

Beatsa