We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Bocaina Restaurant

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
932 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
La Bocaina Restaurant

Sorry to see today that La Bocaina Restaurant is now closed and the premises empty ...

Though to be honest my wife and I have not been that often over the years - it was not on our "must visit" list when we're here - I know a lot of people who post on this forum enjoyed dining at this restaurant.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,872 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Bocaina Restaurant

Thanks for the info Lincoln, for anybody that doesn't know it, it is behind the bus atation and next to the health centre clinic

img706.imageshack.us/img706/7037/jijn.jpg

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Bocaina Restaurant

It closed at the end of January. Paul and Nina who owned and ran it decided they wanted to spend more time with their family. The food in La Bocaina was very good, as were the staff. I'm sure a lot of people will miss it.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Bocaina Restaurant

Very sad to hear about La Bocaina. We usually have a night there when we stay. Last year we went twice and one was a night at the races. Very good night. The food was really very good.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Bocaina Restaurant

Have done a little searching about and found that there are new owners, glad to know such a long standing restaurant will continue albeit with new owners/staff and probably cuisine. Looks like Paul and Nina are private catering now instead. Good luck to them.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Bocaina Restaurant

Yes, Paul is doing some private catering and the restaurant has new owners. It will interesting to see if they carry on doing British food. Hopefully they will branch out into more authentic catering.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Bocaina Restaurant

I read that they are planning to do it buffet style with a show kitchen? (I think this was on the nearby hotels website).

Did you hear anything like that?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Bocaina Restaurant

I haven't seen much about it since Paul and Nina left. Are you sure it was 'the' La Bocaina that you read about? The Timanfaya Palace has a La Bocaina buffet restaurant with show cooking.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Bocaina Restaurant

Ah that would explain it!! Thank goodness for that.. didn't fancy that sort of thing! Phew.

The restaurant is just beside our villa so we used enjoy popping down of an evening. Hopefully the new owners do something good with it. Would love to know.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Bocaina Restaurant

We're only a couples of mins away on Los Calamares but didn't visit very often. The food was lovely, but just too English for our liking.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
434 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Bocaina Restaurant

The new owners are Spanish and will not be offering "English" food apparently.