We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you get warburtons bread at Faro Park Supermarket?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Can you get warburtons bread at Faro Park Supermarket?

Similar UK type sliced bread would do. The reason I ask is that for the last few years we have just done long haul destinations like USA, Thailand and Maldives and the sliced bread there is awful, it is American type bread ie really sweet and almost sugary.Basically I just can't eat it so am wondering if it is the same closer to home in Lanzarote. If it is the same sweet stuff I will take some with us so please let me know. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you get warburtons bread at Faro Park Supermarket?

I haven't seen any Chrissy more Bimbo loaves and the like but you have the fresh bakers down there

Edited: 29 April 2014, 17:54
UK
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you get warburtons bread at Faro Park Supermarket?

I would certainly avoid the Bimbo bread if you don't want sweet! We buy whatever UK sliced bread the Spar at Macher has, but I expect you will be able to buy it at the large Hyperdino or Spar in Playa Blanca itself. It is not Warburtons, though!

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,841 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you get warburtons bread at Faro Park Supermarket?

The fresh bread that you can get on Lanzarote is lovely. Far better than the processed slice stuff we get over here and better than in some of the bakeries as well IMO.

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,841 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you get warburtons bread at Faro Park Supermarket?

lanzafan

Several years ago I had a really bad stomach bug in Lanza and I lived on black coffee and Bimbo, toasted, nothing on it, for 3 days. I developed a very close bond with it haha!

chrissy

We found some brown sliced bread in the Superdino last year. It was really nice toasted, with spicy pate. I can't remember which brand it was, but it was Spanish. Other than that, the only bread we eat in Lanza is the freshly baked baguettes etc.

UK
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you get warburtons bread at Faro Park Supermarket?

I agree, the baguettes are wonderful! We pile them high with salad for lunchtimes.We didn't use the sliced bread we bought on our most recent holiday!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you get warburtons bread at Faro Park Supermarket?

That is great everyone, thanks. I think we will stick to the bakery bread,Le Moka is close by so we should be ok there. Will check out the spa though when we are down that way. That Bimbo bread sounds like what we have had before!. Still debating if we can manage to fit a loaf in the luggage lol but its not looking good!

batley
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you get warburtons bread at Faro Park Supermarket?

Hi

My last visit to PB was in ocober last year. Warburtons bread was available from the freezer ar ropers supermarket

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,841 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you get warburtons bread at Faro Park Supermarket?

chrissy

Seriously the fresh baked bread is far superior to anything that Warburtons produce.

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
for Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you get warburtons bread at Faro Park Supermarket?

If you really must have British style bread, then look for Jackson's. It's sold in Ropers, but very occasionally we got it in Hiperdino too. It's far from being Warbies... but it's not as sweet as the Bimbo bread. Warbies costs a fortune when it is available (which is rare). I think we paid over €4 for it - and only then as a treat.

Hiperdino do "pan de molde" which is very cheap and not as sweet as Bimbo. Terrible for sandwiches but great for toasting. That comes in white and brown and may well be the brown that LeylandSunaddict had previously.

But seriously - stick to the baguettes which are much much nicer.

Elle x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you get warburtons bread at Faro Park Supermarket?

Thanks again everyone, have managed to get 1 warburtons in the hand luggage lol,not paying 4 euros for one and after that will stick to the baguettes/ fresh bread. You have all been a great help over the last few months so thanks again. Am off now for my last sleep lol,Playa Blanca here we come!

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain