We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dream Gran Castillo

Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Dream Gran Castillo

We have booked a double premium room and I believe they are located in blocks h (by the spa) or i and j which are by kids pool. We have an older child and not too worried about being right near the kids pool and club etc. Is block h okay or would we be better asking for i or j anyway? Thanks

Walton-On-Thames...
Level Contributor
38 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dream Gran Castillo

Hi Helen. There isn't a Block I or J. There is though block H1 and H2 which are out the back and I believe would be the closest to the Kids Club & Pirate Pool which has water slides. There is also a cafe around that area serving snacks daily and the Italian Portofino Restaurant where along with being able to book one evening meal there per holiday also does breakfast where you can go to daily instead of walking to the main Coloradas Buffet Restaurant.

To get to the Spa you would have to walk away from the Kids Club, past the Pirate pool, past the Portofino Restaurant and through the (short) tunnel which brings you out to another outdoor pool and Jacuzzi and the Indoor Spa, which you would have one free visit per room but only adults are allowed in to it. The blocks around the Spa area I believe would be the back of Block G & D and Block C.

I have only stayed in Blocks A, E & F which are at the sea front area. If you have younger children and think you might want to stay nearer the Kids Club you might be happy in Block H1 or H2 but I don't know what the rooms are like in that area as I think these rooms were originally another hotel which the Gran Castillo took over some years ago. I would however presume that they would be as good a standard as the rest of the main hotel out the sea front area.

The staff at the Gran Castillo are very obliging and if you didn't like the room you were allocated are usually very happy to offer you alternative rooms if available.

Hope that helps.

Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dream Gran Castillo

Thanks for your post. They sent me a map a few days ago and they must have renamed the blocks to I and j as that's what is on the map now. We thought we might like block h which overlooks the pool by the spa, the other side of the tunnel from the kids area. From most reviews, sounds like not many bad rooms about though so we will be unlucky if we get one I think. :-)

Walton-On-Thames...
Level Contributor
38 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dream Gran Castillo

I am sure you will have a great time as it's a lovely hotel. Remember the rooms overlooking the Spa are roughly North East facing and might only get some morning sun. I think only block 'C' at the back to the left of the Spa might get some decent sun through out the day. All depends on what you prefer.... decisions, decisions! Good luck.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dream Gran Castillo

We too have booked a double premium room and have been told by the hotel that these are all located near the kids water slide pool. I would really like a room with sun on the terrace/balcony, would it be best to ask for a room on a high floor or do the lower rooms still get the sun?

5. Re: Dream Gran Castillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca
Recent Conversations