We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

H10 Lanzarote Princess - Building work

Bridgwater, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
H10 Lanzarote Princess - Building work

Booked into the Lanzarote Princess for the 8th June and am a bit concerned about reports of building work. Can anyone throw any light on this subject as we haven't been informed by Thomsons of any problem. Also would be grateful if anyone could give me contact details for the hotel, an e mail address or website.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
4,702 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: H10 Lanzarote Princess - Building work

Hi

I have just googled the hotel, here is the website

hotelh10lanzaroteprincess.com/en/index.html…

The website shows the email address as

h10.lanzarote.princess@h10hotels.com

Here on TA in the search box at the top of the Playa Blanca forum I typed Lanzarote Princess and if you search by "most recent" I found this thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g652121-i11244-k…

You may wish to click on the name of the original poster "Cudeygirl" and send her a private message to ask what things were like. I think their daughter was travelling with Thomsons too and may well have returned by now if you read the thread.

In summary, if you get there and aren't happy with the noise/disruption, complain to your Thomson rep and insist on being moved to another hotel.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: H10 Lanzarote Princess - Building work

Hi there my daughter is due home this afternoon, will post another update later on. She has said that the "minor disruption " as per the e mail/phone call from Thomsons was actually the demolition of a building and the mess, noise and distruption experienced was horrendous. Doesn't seem as though the management were very proactive with pacifying the guests, she was actually given a room with a seaview overlooking the building work. Horrendous start to her first visit to Playa Blanca and we just hope it hasn't put het off returning in the furure. If you get the chance I would definitely book another hotel, we always stay in the club volcan on a b&b basis and really enjoy it. I am personally disgusted as to how the Princess has dealt with this but as I say will update later

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: H10 Lanzarote Princess - Building work

There are a couple of scathing posts of the hotel re the building work in the review section. The hotel say they informed the tour operators a month before the work was due to start but some guests say they were only informed, if at all, just days before travelling... whoever is at fault, it has been badly managed.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: H10 Lanzarote Princess - Building work

Hi again, my daughter is back now and unfortunately was as bad as she said on the phone. The hotel workers she said were very nice but the management left s lot to be desired in this situation. Loads of people were complaining about the noise/dust/large part of the pool being closed but to no avail, the management just weren't interested. The workers started drilling at 9am and carried on all day . Not conclusive to a relaxing holiday. Would advise anyone not to go there until this has finished, just wish someone had told us the truth before. Just hope Thomson has deep pockets, think they will be a little bit busy in the next few weeks. More alarmingly there is no errata message advising you of this when you book. Sorry rant over anita

Bridgwater, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: H10 Lanzarote Princess - Building work

Thank you Anita for taking the time to reply to my query. You have been very helpful. Spoke to a Thomson Rep today and was informed that the works are due to be finished this week but we shall see.

Regards

SomersetSwede

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: H10 Lanzarote Princess - Building work

Hi again Somerset swede, have spoken to Gemma again and asked her if she thought that the works would be finished by the end of the week and she didn't see how they could be, she didn't rate the Thomson rep much out there as it was her rereport back to headoffice of only "minor repairs" being carried out.This as we now know is a gross underestimation of what is happening. May I suggest that you email the hotel yourself and ask them to save possibly having your holiday ruined? Kind regards Anita

Leeds
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: H10 Lanzarote Princess - Building work

I too am due to travel here on 8th june. Thomson say it is only minor work being carried out! Does anyone have any photos of the current work? My mother is recovering from bowel cancer surgery so i am concerned about the health implications. Any idea when the work will be completed. I was informed that it would be today but can't see it being anytime soon after reading all the reviews. Have emailed hotel chain direct and will post the reply when i get one. Thomson son't seem that concerned....

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
4,702 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: H10 Lanzarote Princess - Building work

Hi All

We had a similar issue when we visited our fave hotel in Gran Can on our last trip in 2012.

We were travelling independently so had no rep to back us up (but in the end I think that worked in our favour) - thankfully our hotel chain Lopesan employ customer service reps (separate to reception) to deal with issues - we got a good result which worked for us, BUT - here's the thing which may help you...

I did some research so I was armed with info before I went - under Spanish law, any customer facing business has to have a complaints book (libro de reclamaciones) - these are issued by the local government and have numbered pages. My understanding is - you demand the Libro de Reclamaciones, enter your complaint (in English if you like) on one of the numbered forms, hotel keep a copy and you get the numbered carbon, they have to notify to the local "trading standards" office - who are then obliged to investigate.

Simply by asking for the Libro de reclamaciones, hopefully this flag your complaint as "serious and genuine" and will spur the hotel into action to resolving your problem by moving you to one of the other H10s in resort rather than facing the risk of losing their licence (the consequence of sufficient number of complaints)

See here for more

www.urlaube.info/en/Lanzarote/Infos.html

So - if enough people demand the Libro de Reclamaciones, the hotel will be forced to act.

Also - i would email both the hotel and Thomsons in advance and tell them in no uncertain terms that you expect to be offered alternative appropriate accomodation straight away if there is noise, dirt or disturbance or lack of facilities.

And when dealing with the thomson rep in resort, I think thomson have a complaints form. Demand one. Insist on a written record of your complaint and their response. if they refuse to give you one, tell them you are noting the date, time and member of staff who refused to provide the form. Always take pics/vids of any disturbance to help with any claim when you get home.

As for how long the works will last? Don't go by anything the hotel/tour op tell you. The works which were started at our hotel in GC in April 2012 are still not fully completed to the best of my knowledge...

Leeds
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: H10 Lanzarote Princess - Building work

Thank you Vegas Showgirl,

I have emailed both the hotel chain & the actual hotel itself asking for a completion date & making them aware of my mothers illness. I also asked if they have a Libro de reclamaciones in place which I know they will for legal reasons as you mentioned, thank you for helping with this.

I cannot find an email for thomsons so posted a message on their facebook page, which was quickly answered as everyone can read this. They asked me to forward my details for them to look in to....hoping to get a swift response...

Thank you again, lets hope we get somewhere via one of the channels I've used. If anyone knows of any other email addresses for Thomson, please can you let me know. Took me 2 hours to get through to the right department yesterday with no successful outcome, they just kept saying that works were due to be completed 20/05/14!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,857 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: H10 Lanzarote Princess - Building work

If you're travelling as package holiday it's Thomsons that you need to contact in resort, if you have any problems. Signing the hotels complaints book is ok if you're travelling non package, and certainly won't do any harm, but it's up to your tour operator to move you, change rooms or whatever. It's their complaints form you need to ask for, as your contract is with them. You fill it in, sign, get the rep to sign and you get a copy. If not satisfied with the action taken when in resort, follow it up in writing once you get home, within 28 days.

Have you been emailing Thomsons on cares@thomson.co.uk?