We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Blanca v Peurto Del Carmen

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Playa Blanca v Peurto Del Carmen

Hi,

This topic if probably done to death. I stayed in PDC last year and throughly enjoyed. We are thinking of going back to Lanzorote this year but staying in Playa Blanca. We are a couple in our late 30s but not looking for major nightlife. What are the main differences? Would we be best sticking to what we enjoyed last yeat?

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
750 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Blanca v Peurto Del Carmen

As you imply, this area has been done umpteen times. People always have their favourite, whether it is PB (my favourite), CT or PDC - hopefully you will get some informed replies that will help you make up your own mind.

However, if you never try somehwere new, you won't know whether you would have enjoyed PB more than PDC.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Blanca v Peurto Del Carmen

Im afraid there's no easy answer. It depends why you liked PDC so much. Tell us your preferences and you'll get more helpful responses.

My personal view - started visiting PDC and enjoyed it a few times but felt it started to get a bit tacky and too many bar and club promoters hassling a nice evening walk trying to entice you into their clubs. Thats okay if thats what you want, but not for us. We tried CT once and didnt like it. Then tried PB 10 years ago and have been coming here at least once a year ever since.

Why? Well the climate is better, less windy. The restaurants are fantastic. The walks are superb with 6 miles of seafront promenade with no roads. The beaches are great and it just feels more authentic as a resort. Its a laid back relaxed resort with a low key nightlife. More about a nice meal and a few drinks than all night clubs.

it also has the advantage of having the main town with its facilities supplemented with the fantastic marina rubicon with a great selection of bars, restaurants and designer boutiques.

As I say it depends what you want but for us, PB ticks all the boxes. Let us know if you have specific questions.

as I say, dep3nds what younwant

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Blanca v Peurto Del Carmen

As the others have said, depends why you liked PDC, that has to be your first question

PB is a different resort alltogether and if you enjoyed having the option of doing different things in the evenings, with the odd late night here and there, then PB will not be for you.

**Found this comment a little confusing from JoMark.

" Its a laid back relaxed resort with a low key nightlife. More about a nice meal and a few drinks than all night clubs" .....I Can't think of any resort on Lanzarote is about all night clubs???**

If you really fancy a change i would suggest Costa Teguise and then visit Playa Blanca one day on the bus and have a good full day in the resort, take a look around as it's a nice resort with lots of great flat walks, just offers nothing (after you've been theer a couple of nights) in the way of nightlife

Happy Holidays

Danny

Dublin
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Blanca v Peurto Del Carmen

That sounds exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for your response.

Dublin
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Blanca v Peurto Del Carmen

I am looking for nice meals in the evening and a few drinks. We are planning on renting a villa and relaxing there as much as we can. Other than that we just like the quiet life and strolling around the place taking in the fresh air and the views! Boring to some people but that it where we are at!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Blanca v Peurto Del Carmen

Happylucy thats exactly what my wife and I visit PB and we hire villas also so I have no hesitation recommending PB. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Blanca v Peurto Del Carmen

Danny316, i'm sorry you found my comment confusing....... I was merely trying to highlight the difference in type of resort between PB and PDC.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
394 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa Blanca v Peurto Del Carmen

I'd liken PB to "café culture" in as much as the nightlife is centred around having a nice relaxing meal followed by a few quiet drinks watching the world go by.

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa Blanca v Peurto Del Carmen

Which is exactly what OH and I do in PDC, I think each resort can be just what you need it to be.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Playa Blanca v Peurto Del Carmen

my point too LaMaP

JoMArk, PDC can be a lovely lazy, cafe bistro type early night holiday too, just as much as PB.

It's just PDC does give you the option of lots of diiferent things to do in the evening and it can go on as late as you like, where as PB doesn't offer that.

But they both offer lazy days, nice meals and quiet drinks

Happy Holidays

Danny