We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Playa Blanca

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to Playa Blanca

Hi, can anyone tell me how much a taxi would be from airport to Playa Blanca. Would hiring a car be better? Thanks

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Playa Blanca

Taxi will cost 40-50 euro each way. I'd always recommend car hire for a number of reasons. It will work out almost if not as cheap as a return taxi. The roads are great quality and not busy and signage is good. We always use Autoriesen. Book online, pay nothing until you arrive, free changes if the price drops or if you need to cancel and a free second driver. Cabrera Medina us another good company.

Edited: 17 July 2014, 21:04
Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Playa Blanca

Thank you JoMark for your quick reply. Can we hire from these two companies from the airport ?

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport to Playa Blanca

Just checked out on-line the two companies you recommended. Price for a weeks car hire more or less same price as a return taxi. A car it is for us. Thanks again.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport to Playa Blanca

Hi,

Sorry I was out and only seeing your post now. Yes you can hire at airport. I always prebook online in case its busy. Once you pick upmyour keys, youll be at PB in 30 mins.

Have a great holiday.

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca, Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from airport to Playa Blanca

Good advice fromJoMark.

Also... when you consider the money you'll save by driving direct to tourist attractions such as Timanfaya instead of paying loads more for organised excursions, you'll actually end up saving money.

Have a great time! x

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from airport to Playa Blanca

Thanks for replying Elle1971. Yes trips are so expensive so a car would be more feasible.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
133 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from airport to Playa Blanca

We took a taxi last week from airport to playa Blanca and it cost us E41

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from airport to Playa Blanca

Hi, thanks for your reply. Actually 41E isn't too bad ( I know that's each way). Last time we went to PB five years ago I am sure we paid 35E each way. It's not gone up that much really. Still debating whether taxi or hire a car. Thanks again.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from airport to Playa Blanca

Hannah, not sure how long you're going for but if it helps I've just booked a car for 12 days in November with Autoriesen for £118.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from airport to Playa Blanca

Thanks JoMark. We were planning on a week in November but now thinking of going end of January/beginning of Feb for 10 days. If we go then think a car would be better so we can get out and about if weather not so good. We have been to Lanzarote in Jan/Feb before, it's a nice break after the hustle and bustle of Christmas. Now we need to sort out some accommodation.