We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go after Tamariu!?

Which Tamariu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go after Tamariu!?

Having just spent a fortnight in Tamariu & visting the surrounding area from Begur to Llfranc, we totally loved it. Stunning beaches, food & scenery & just perect for a three year old. The problem now is where to go next that lives up to such a fabulous area of Spain.

Can anyone recommend some where else in Spain that may be just as special - preferably on the Mediterranean side rather than the Atlantic coast.

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
911 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go after Tamariu!?

If there is anywhere like that, we haven't found it yet.

You might need to look further afield. To Croatia or parts of Italy perhaps.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 05:27
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go after Tamariu!?

I kind of thought that too & was hoping to be proven wrong. Thanks for confirming. The search continues! :)

ni4
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go after Tamariu!?

We had the first week in July there, in an apartment next door and up from the dive centre and simply loved the place and the surrounding area. For once in our lives we may return to the same spot!!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,078 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go after Tamariu!?

We have been going to Pals beach for a week each summer (practically) for the last 15 years, these days mainly to chill and eat fabulous food There's lots to explore in the inland villages too. Maybe staying a bit further up the coast next year eg at L'Escala?

Croatia is fabulous but has few sandy beaches. You'd have to go on Croatia forums to find out more (there are bound to be posts about sandy beaches!) Be aware that accommodation in Croatia in high summer isn't cheap these days. Btw a large number of Italians spend their holidays at the beach in Croatia (there must be a reason for it!), lots of Germans too of course (not many Brits). To my husband driving along the coast road in Dalmatia reminded him of Spain from his childhood

In Spain...I know you said not the Atlantic but Costa de La Luz, beyond the Straits of Gibraltar is very nice too. Bay of Biscay coast has stunning scenery (more stunning than Costa Brava even) but weather is iffy (like Cornwall)

Edited: 28 August 2014, 16:07
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go after Tamariu!?

Thanks for all the tips. I'm going to check them all out. I have always fancied Croatia although I have been told it may not be the most child friendly destination. We loved Pals btw. Totally stunning.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go after Tamariu!?

We have stayed in Pals and Calella de Palafrugell and love this coastline.

Northern Spain has some fabulous beaches but not as scenic as the Cost Brava.

Have you considered Puerto Pollensa in Majorca? Went there when our children were young and thought it was an ideal resort. Nice beach, good restaurants and very attractive. Plenty of places to visit on the island especially if you hire a car.

My other thought is one of the Greek islands although the flight time is obviously longer .

Have been to about ten different ones although not admittedly with young children.

There are plenty of small resorts not disimilar to the Costa Brava and very child friendly.Food is wonderful and great value too. In fact we have enjoyed 3 visits to different islands in the last couple of years and I have just booked another last minute trip for later this month!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go after Tamariu!?

Thanks for your comments. Strangely enough we stayed in Pollensa town last year & loved it. We are big fans of Mallorca. We have decided to go for Vilanona I la geltru near Sitges which has been recommended to us. Bit different to tamariu but apparently very Spanish & not over anglicised which is something we like.with nice beaches for our daughter.

London
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go after Tamariu!?

Hi, heading to Tamariu next week for a week long break. Any tips on things that must be done/seen/eaten?

Thanks

Bristol
Level Contributor
373 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to go after Tamariu!?

First question is, will you have a car? It will be difficult to get about without one.

Dali museum at Figueres, Cadaques , Girona are all worth a visit. Medieval villages at Pals. Peretallada Monells etc. Begur , various other coves along the coast. Botanical gardens at Cap Roig. Coastal path walks.

Hope this gets you started.

Reply to: Where to go after Tamariu!?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tamariu
More Tamariu Topics