We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Which Castelldefels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Hello,

Are there a few options for train travel between Castelldefels and Barcelona, the city centre? We are considering staying in Castelldefels in August 2013 (to allow for pool ad relaxation for children) with the plan to travel to BCN every day and do not want to spend so much time in route. Thank you for information.

47 replies to this topic
Glasgow
5 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Hi Gill, I have booked a few nights in Castelldefels at the end of August, We are staying at the Best Western, I thinks its near the beach. Can you recommend any good restaurants and beach bars?

Mant thanks

Chris Boyle

portsmouth
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

HI

Yes your hotel is right in the middle of town. One street back from the beach.

I'm back in the UK now, been back a year so not sure what restaurants bars are still good. They are pleny of fish restaurants, they normally do a meal of the day which is a 3 course meal inc wine, normally between

12-5. (look for the one's that are busy) They then seem to have a break and re-open 7.30ish. We have used the Restaurant LA GIOCONDA it's an Itailian and was very good. It's situated in the same road as your hotel but opposite side up near the BEl AIR Hotel. The town is Spanish so no McDonalds. There are a few burger bars and hundreds of restaurants/bars.

We also used BARBA ROSSA Beach Bar which is also in the same road, looks like a Biker Bar but they serve really nice nacho's, burgers etc. Bar is in the sytle of an Amercian Diner.

Hope you enjoy your stay

If you want any

macclesfield
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

hi gill, just asking for some quick advice as i cant find it on the net. im staying in castelldefels in a few weeks for 6 nights. we will buy t10 tickets to get to and from barca, but will a t10 ticket get me from casteldefels to the airport?

thanks

portsmouth
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

HI yes you can get a train but you have to change. If you get on at the airport go one stop heading towards Barcelona and get off at El Pratt llobgert (think i have spelt that wrong). get off train go up and over to the next platform and look on the timetable for trains which stop in Castelldelfels. Where are you staying? as there are 2 stations in Castelldefels, one in the town and the other near the beach. Not all trains stop at the Platja (beach one).

It's a lot cheaper then a taxi which is around 35 euros.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Hi Gill,

I've read through the thread and your advice is absolutely priceless - thanks.

I'm visiting Castelldefels in a few weeks with 2 children and I'm a tad worried about travel from the airport to the hotel. I've see your previous advice but I may not remember this, are there people around that would help once we get there or do you find the people in Barcelona not very helpful?

How much is the T10 ticket and roughly how long does the train take from the airport?

Thanks

Bucks
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

I would grab a taxi - only takes 10 minutes - usually Euros 25 ish.....

We got the train to return to the airport last year & it took a while, having to change & a long walk at the end, plus a long bus transfer to our terminal - Taxi will be our choice when we come to Castelldefels in September!!

Easy with children too!

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Does anyone know where you board the bus to Castelldefels in Barcelona and what the number of the bus is? Also I believe you can use the T10 ticket but does it also include going from Castelldefels to Sitges ? I would be most grateful if anyone cod supply the info

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Weve just arrived at Castelldefels and got a taxi from the airport. Totally ripped off costing 45 euros so dont go from airport to resort by taxi use bus or train. Its the L99 bus leaves every 30 from airport

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Weve just arrived at Castelldefels and got a taxi from the airport. Totally ripped off costing 45 euros so dont go from airport to resort by taxi use bus or train. Its the L99 bus leaves every 30 from airport

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Can anyone tell me how far the train station is from Barcelona airport as I want to travel to castelldefels and is this one direct train please

Reply to: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Castelldefels
More Castelldefels Topics