We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping internacional de calonge

Which Platja d'Aro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Redhill, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
camping internacional de calonge

hi has anyone stayed at this site. I'm considering going next year, we won't be hiring a car and wondered if it would be suitable. we don't mind walking. we enjoy stopping for a drink as we stroll about. would this be a place that we can walk to town and beach with possibly stopping for a drink on the way. thanks

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: camping internacional de calonge

The campsite is quite large and, from the outside, looks very good. It's one of three that sit above a really nice beach between Sant Antoni de Calonge and Platja d'Aro which also has some really beautiful neigbouring bays (a path connects the beaches) - much prettier than the main beach at Platja d'Aro, but without the town facilities.

The downside is that you're a little way from the the centre of Platja d'Aro - Google has it at 2.4km - so about a mile and half. Definitely walkable but it could feel a long way at the end of a day, though there is a taxi rank in Platja d'Aro if it's too much.

Redhill, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: camping internacional de calonge

we don't mind walking but may be a bit much after going to the supermarket, I assume there will be a supermarket in town. do you know if there's a bus too? thanks for your help

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: camping internacional de calonge

I'm guessing there will be something on the campsite - most larger sites have a shop.

Platja d'Aro has a few supermarkets - Bonpreu will be the closest 'big' supermarket. There's also a Carrefour in Sant Antoni de Calonge in the other direction - a little nearer, but still about a mile away.

I can't find out about buses - I can find details for Sarfa which runs local buses for Platja d'Aro to Sant Feliu to the south, and also the Badia Bus for Calonge to Palamos to the north, but neither seem to do the middle bit by the campsites, so I think you'd have to ask Camping International de Calonge what's available.

Redhill, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: camping internacional de calonge

ok thanks again for your help.

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: camping internacional de calonge

Hi just wondering if you went to this campsite? If so, did you feel it was ok without a car? Were there any nearby buses etc available?

Thanks

Redhill, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: camping internacional de calonge

Hi. We haven't been yet, booked for September. Won't be getting a car and from research done think we'll be ok. We'll get bus from Barcelona and once there am sure we can walk or bus to places. May need to taxi from bus stop in town to campsite with luggage tho.

Are you going, or thinking about it?

soaked in ireland
Level Contributor
425 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: camping internacional de calonge

Hello, i havnt been to that site, but have stayed in Castle Mongri in Estartit i think most of these holiday campsites are similiar in ideas, what i come to find is that a lot of the stuff, pools, shop on site etc can close down or reduce whats on offer come september it may be worth checking with the campsite direct as well as your tour operator as to what to expect at that time of year, have a enjoyable trip.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
583 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: camping internacional de calonge

was there a few years ago, very big site , and very steep roads,if you are really fit its ok , but nowhere to stop for a drink on the way to town,lovely town, amazing views from top of campsite . but we spent a lot on taxis

Redhill, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: camping internacional de calonge

Oops! We are generally quite fit and enjoy walking but my husband has a football injury and possibly needs keyhole surgery, but we have til Sept!!!

Thanks for your replies tho

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: camping internacional de calonge

I am going there 13-27 June. If you send me a message during this time and remind me to check and I will look and ask.

I have been before but cannot recall a bus stop as we use a hire car.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 05:01
Get answers to your questions about Platja d'Aro
Recent Conversations
More Platja d'Aro Topics