We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lanai vs. Veranda

Bullhead City...
Level Contributor
52 posts
148 reviews
Lanai vs. Veranda

We are making our final decisions regarding service levels on the Holland America's Veedam Panama Canal Cruise next April. We are interested in hearing from those that have stayed in a Veranda Suite and a Lanai Suite. The Veranda's have a private balcony and the Lanai's have a sliding glass door that exits to the public Promenade Deck.

Would greatly appreciate any pros and cons.

6 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Lanai vs. Veranda

Dear Andrew, you've posted your question at the forum about Veendam, a smallish town in the northern part of

The Netherlands with 20.000 inhabitants, the cruise ship you are referring to is probably named after ghis town. I doubt if anyone in this forum about Veendam will be able to give you the answers you afe looking for.... there is a small section at the right side of this website ' beyond destination forum' in this section you 'll find the cruise forum, good change that if you do a quick search there or post your question there you''ll find the answers.

Anyway, enjoy your cruise

NL
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Lanai vs. Veranda

Pro verandah is your privacy. In Lanaicabins you will have to close your curtains at night as people can look in when lights are on. During the day people will walk by, you will have 2 reserved chairs on the deck Contra verandah is the higher price.

NL
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Lanai vs. Veranda

PS You should have posted your question on the Cruise forum section.

Bullhead City...
Level Contributor
52 posts
148 reviews
4. Re: Lanai vs. Veranda

I thought I did post it in the right place. I do appreciate your comment. I have also signed in to "Cruise Critic" and posted a query there also. Is that what you meant or what should I specifically look for on TA. When I clicked on "Cruise" it took me to "Cruise Critic". Regardless....thanks for your input. It looks like just about all these cabin decisions come down to price. Thanks again.

Denver, Colorado
1 post
5. Re: Lanai vs. Veranda

Would not care for the lanai.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,780 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Lanai vs. Veranda

Wauw.