We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train trave;

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
train trave;

trains from winschoten to schipol, can you buy ticket in machine at winschoten

5 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,801 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: train trave;

Well there is a machine there but I would not rely on it taking a non dutch debit card and there is no ticket office.

Might be a better to pre-purchase the ticket you need from the b-europe website https://www.b-europe.com/Travel

You don't need to book a specific train just the date and your name is important.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
2. Re: train trave;

Unfortunately our railway company got stuck in the 20th century, sorry.... The machine accepts coins only (and Dutch debit cards). But a friend of mine also tells me the machine can give trouble when you try to insert a large amount in coins.

Probably better buy in advance as Tonaldo says.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
889 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: train trave;

If you have a Visa/Mastercard credit card you can use it to buy tickets from the machine

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
889 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: train trave;

I just realized Winschoten is served by Arriva trains, so I'm not sure if there are any NS ticket machines at the station. And I'm not sure if Arriva ticket machines accept credit cards.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
49 reviews
5. Re: train trave;

To get to Schiphol from Winschoten you have to travel via Groningen. I don't know much about the machines, but you can always bring some coins, buy a ticket to Groningen in Winschoten and in Groningen buy a ticket at the NS desk to Schiphol.

Just as a back up.

Reply to: train trave;
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Winschoten
Recent Conversations