We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions about Mt. Nemrut Tour from Sanliurfa

Which Sanliurfa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Taiwan
Level Contributor
53 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions about Mt. Nemrut Tour from Sanliurfa

I have just joined a tour from Urfa to Mt. Nemrut this July.And I want to share my experience.

Normally,there are 3 schedule for Mt. Nemrut:

1.For sunrise:00:00~14:00/15:00

2.daytime:6:00/7:00~21:00/22:00

3.For sunset:9:00~00:00

You could ask about the tour provider which schedule they have on specific date,but mostly,they will let you choose the schedule you want or let you discuss with others who join the tour on the same day.

There are main 2 hotels running the tour:

1.Otel Uğur:tour price including 2 meal and entrance fee to Mt. Nemrut. Shuttle with 10 seater wolkswagen van.

Email: musma63@yahoo.com

Tel: 0532 - 685,29,42

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hotelugur

1ppl:450TL/each

2ppl:225TL/each

3-9ppl:150TL/each

2.Aslan Konuk Evi: price is only shuttle fee, you have to prepare food for yourself and pay Mt. Nemrut entrance fee(11TL) extra. Shuttle with 5 seater car.

Email: ozcan_aslan_teacher@hotmail.com

TEL:05427613065

1~2ppl:500TL to share

3ppl:165TL/each

4ppl:125TL/each

5ppl:115TL/each (one of the passenger have to sit on a stool)

I’ve contacted with both hotels about Mt. Nemrut tour. At the beginning,I chose Aslan’s Tour,but after I found out the hotel boss lied to us about the schedule time and the guide is pretty rude.I decided not to go with their tour. I chose to join Otel Uğur’s tour. And I really recommend it. The guide,Mustafa, who is also the hotel boss, is very humor, helpful ,reliable and kind.He made everyone in the tour happy. One of our group member forgot to empty his memory card of his camera on the day before join the tour,so he’s not able to shoot. First,he had already prepare a backup memory card.But it doesn’t work. So he drove to Adiyaman,the nearest city to Mt. Nemrut,for lunch and brought the guy to buy a new one.And he even compared the memory card price for him, bought the one he thought that’s reasonable,16GB for 25TL.Besides,he treated us many cups of tea in every spots, and when we bought souvenir, he bargained for us. Last, he speaks fluent English without Turkish accent. So I recommend his tour to everyone.By the way,he also have Golbekli Tepe tour.

6 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions about Mt. Nemrut Tour from Sanliurfa

We plan to go to Nemrut from Urfa in about 2 weeks. Of course, the time is limited, so we are trying to pack a lot of things in short time, and maybe to fly out of Adyamann after Nemrut instead of going back to Urfa. None of the " tour operators" from Urfa can tell us whether it would work. The repsonse is " we will see what day brings". I wish we had this luxury but i want to get air tickets. Can you give a little bit more information about the tour itself, how much time did you spent in the car gong there and back?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions about Mt. Nemrut Tour from Sanliurfa

Anna, i was in Nemrut two weeks ago. I arrived in Kahta from Kappadokya by overnight bus early morning and join the sunset tour. I met a Spanish guy there which came from Urfa and return to Urfa the following day. As Urfa is a bit far from Nemrut why dont you go to Kahta and join the tour from there. It is much closer to Nemrut thus tour is almost guaranteed everyday. Then you could fly back to Istanbul the following day where Turkish Airlines have a flight around 12:30 pm.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions about Mt. Nemrut Tour from Sanliurfa

Oh yes....there are frequent minibus from Urfa to Kahta with 2 hour journey.

Taiwan
Level Contributor
53 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions about Mt. Nemrut Tour from Sanliurfa

The time is about 3 hrs from Mt. Nemrut to Urfa.I joined the sunset tour,started from Urfa at 9:00,we went to Atarük Dam, Karakuş Tumulus, Roman Bridge (Cendere), Arsemia... first,after all the spots,we went to see sunset on the top of Mt. Nemrut at 18:30(The sunset time is around 19:30 on the day we went).After sunset,the guide took us to dinner in Kahta,then back to Urfa around 00:00.

Edited: 14 May 2015, 02:56
New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions about Mt. Nemrut Tour from Sanliurfa

Thank you , Kuala. I kind of wanted to combine Nemrut with something else but don't think it is worth it in such short period of time. Did you go back to Istambul form there? Was Mt. Nemrut worth the overnight bus trip?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions about Mt. Nemrut Tour from Sanliurfa

Anna, I went back to Istanbul from Gaziantep airport as the flight from Adiyaman is way too expensive. It took more than 2 hours from Adiyaman. I booked quite late, only after i secured bus seat to Kahta. Yes...for me it is so worth it because Nemrut is one of the main reason i came to Turkey besides Ani and Istanbul.

Reply to: Suggestions about Mt. Nemrut Tour from Sanliurfa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sanliurfa