We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconut Bay

Long Island
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coconut Bay

Hi everyone! We are leaving for Coconut Bay next week and I was wondering what the majority of the people thought. I just checked the reviews and there was a horrible review just posted. I know everyone's goes away looking for different things. We are not expecting a 5 star hotel. We want it to be clean and fun. We have 3 kids with us so we want them to have fun. Also does anyone know if they have a doctor or nurse at the hotel. . . just in case? Or would you go to the hospital? Is that near by and clean? Just some questions. If anyone has any comments or sugestions I would love to hear them. Thanks.

Sandy

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coconut Bay

CB has a good nurse on staff. The hospital is about 15 minutes or less from CB - it is at the north end of what was once a US army base. Reviews are very subjective. We had a great time when we stayed there in April 2009, however we don't have children, but from what I saw the kids were having lots of fun in the pools and on the waterslides.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,034 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coconut Bay

We had a great time in May, disregard that bad review, someone was looking for items so they could trash review the place.

my review can be found here

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g652398-d534…

my pictures album can be seen at worldisround.com/articles/359095/index.html

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coconut Bay

Really nice pics. Can I ask what type of room did you have (looks nice).

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,034 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coconut Bay

Harmony Ocean View

Second and third floor with views of the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms have one king or two queen beds, ceiling fans, air conditioning, balconies, iron and board, safe, satellite TV, radio alarm and coffee and tea service.

East Riding of...
Level Contributor
359 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coconut Bay

That was probably my review you read and I was NOT looking for things to trash the place, it was an honest review with photographs to back it up. We had looked forward to this holiday for over a year - look at my profile and you will see that I am not some one-hit wonder posting a bad review for the sake of it.

There is a nurse there who will then call a doctor out if you need one. Our son got an ear infection along with half a dozen other children and I am sure it was from the lazy river or pool - which we never saw being cleaned. It cost us $95 for some antibiotics for him.

You may love the place - I hope you do - and have a fantastic holiday. All I can comment on is what we found when we got there.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coconut Bay

An honest review that took you over 2 months to write?

East Riding of...
Level Contributor
359 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coconut Bay

Why on earth does that make a difference? What's your problem anyway?I am as entitled to my opinion as anyone else!

Burlington, NJ
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coconut Bay

Going there in a couple weeks. Sure hope either we find it to be as great as most people have, or they get things sorted out very soon.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coconut Bay

Seeing as you are so concerned about sparing other people from your experience at CB, I was wondering why it has taken you over 2 months to post your review. And considering that in addition to your posts in this thread you have started two threads denouncing Coconut Bay, I think it's a fair question.

East Riding of...
Level Contributor
359 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coconut Bay

It has taken me over two months to post this review because of personal reasons which I don't intend to share on here. Why are you so bothered? You obviously loved the place, we hated the dump, people are allowed differing opinions. If I could spare one person the holiday from hell we had i'll put 100 posts up - and I am completely free to do that - regardless of whether you agree with what I write you must surely respect my freedom to do so?

Get answers to your questions about Vieux Fort