We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CB March 2011 mother daughter trip - questions

Which Vieux Fort hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
297 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
CB March 2011 mother daughter trip - questions

Should we stay in adult or family section? Recommendations on must do fun day things? She is 21 will there be people her age there or should I look somewhere else?

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CB March 2011 mother daughter trip - questions

It's very family oriented to be honest and your daughter at 21 might find it a bit boring...I would look to the North where there is a little more going on for both of you - the Rodney bay area is great and there's lots of reasonable accommodation in the area...lots of restaurants and bars to walk to as well.

Boston...
Level Contributor
297 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CB March 2011 mother daughter trip - questions

Thanks - we are not into night clubbing - does the hotel have night shows? We would be happy with that and a couple day tours.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CB March 2011 mother daughter trip - questions

I stayed there in March for 3 nights - the entertainment was hotel type stuff - not dreadful or anything just not really my cup of tea. There were a lot of children there having a ball I have to say and it's great for families with young children. I stayed on the Splash side and did enjoy the pool bar on the adult side - great fun! The bartender called Loan is lovely and very helpful.

Sarah

Boston...
Level Contributor
297 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CB March 2011 mother daughter trip - questions

Thank you!! It really does sound like a lovely place it is a toss up between a cruise or St Lucia because it sounds like I would feel comfortable traveling there alone with my daughter - How is the weather in January?

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CB March 2011 mother daughter trip - questions

Usually January is one of the lovliest weatherwise in the Caribbean - hot and sunny with a few scattered showers, and warm evenings!

Boston...
Level Contributor
297 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CB March 2011 mother daughter trip - questions

Thank you for your help! I see you are a Barbados expert - that is another island on my list to visit we may speak again!!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CB March 2011 mother daughter trip - questions

No problem, I have lived in Barbados for 23 yrs (originally from the UK) and travel to St. Lucia on a very regular basis with my job hence why I have stayed at Coconut Bay, have also always worked in the tourism industry both in the UK and Barbados so ask away when you are ready!

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CB March 2011 mother daughter trip - questions

Maybe it has changed, but when I was there, the nightly entertainment was provided by local bands and house dancers who would get people up to dance. I've been to a 6 resorts in the last 3 years and by far this was the most fun I had at night of any of them. Of course joining in is highly recommended.

Boston...
Level Contributor
297 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CB March 2011 mother daughter trip - questions

Thank you - I showed my daughter last night and I think I am going to book this week-end - we are they type of people who don't let littlethings bother you - we understand we are in another country and go with the flow - life is not perfect and we appreciate and respest other people and their homes. I am excited about visiting St Lucia and meeting the wonderful people!

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: CB March 2011 mother daughter trip - questions

For a unique day trip, not far from CB, come to St. Lucia's most beautiful beach - Anse l'Ivrogne (Sevoigne in Kweyol) - located at the foot of the Gros Piton. Snorkel, beachcomb, hike the Piton, swim with the horses, visit clay & woven grass artisans at work or just relax in this mystical spot and enjoy the friendly, local scene - then enjoy an authentic Carib BBQ on the beach. Bless up! Paul

Check out TripAdvisor->Soufriere->Things To Do->Zion Lion Farm

Get answers to your questions about Vieux Fort