We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

panic!!! how to get from Barbados to St Lucia for BA flight

Which Vieux Fort hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
panic!!! how to get from Barbados to St Lucia for BA flight

Hi hope someone can help. We are due to fly from Barbados to St Lucia tomorrow to get a connecting flight back to London. Just discovered the agent did NOT book internal flight. So now I am panicking about what to do.

Have found LIAT do direct flights. BA flight is about 7pm. There are 2 flights from Barbados to St lucia, one at 1,30 and other at 5pm. Had planned to take the 5pm flight but just realised there are 2 airports!!!

So assume I should get earlier flight but what is best way to get across the island safely

I have written alot to give you a background so any ideas of logic in the middle of my panic really welcome

Thank you

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
814 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: panic!!! how to get from Barbados to St Lucia for BA flight

Definitely take the earlier flight - I would not count on making the connection between the Liat flight and the BA flight even at the same airport. I do not believe Liat has a good on-time record.

I believe Liat flies into the airport in Castries (SLU) and I suspect BA flies into Vieux Fort (UVF). You can get a cab between the airports - count on a full one hour ride, maybe a few minutes more.

There may be a faster helicopter transfer - we have never done that so I don't have any good info on that.

Good luck!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: panic!!! how to get from Barbados to St Lucia for BA flight

You will fly into SLU on Liat from Barbados and you will fly out of UVF on BA. Take the earlier flight as Liat is notoriously late. Taxi between airports is at least an hour and will cost you US $80. There is helicopter service between the two airports as well but your luggage doesn't travel with you but goes by ground. I would take the taxi.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: panic!!! how to get from Barbados to St Lucia for BA flight

Hi,

Also lay it onto Liat really heavily to make sure your luggage is loaded in Barbados. They have been known not to load it if their flight is full ie with me doing similar last year!

STEVE

london
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: panic!!! how to get from Barbados to St Lucia for BA flight

Thanks so much for prompt response, you guys are awesome!!!!

Are airport taxis ok or should I prebook a car and if so does anyone have a recommendation?

Berkshire
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: panic!!! how to get from Barbados to St Lucia for BA flight

Hi,

In your circumstances I would pre book. There are loads recommended on here but I would recommend Isaac who is very reliable and has a nice vehicle.

email I_Louisy@Yahoo.com or tele 714 5380. Not sure what the SL dialling code is ex Barbados.

STEVE

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,409 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: panic!!! how to get from Barbados to St Lucia for BA flight

Definitely get the earlier flight. Check in with Ba on line as this will save you time at the airport. Be aware that luggage restrictions are more stringent on Liat than on BA... I would allow 1.5 hours to travel from vigie to uvf if you can.

Good luck!.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: panic!!! how to get from Barbados to St Lucia for BA flight

Glad the other posters were able to guide you.......Once your safely home and yourblood pressurer is lowered...Call the Travel agent and rip her a new @#$% for nearly leaving you stranded and having to deal with this at the end of your vaca!

Hope all goes well

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,409 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: panic!!! how to get from Barbados to St Lucia for BA flight

If it is any consolation, Liat are often so late that you will probably get on an earlier flight than the one you are scheduled for. We used to go to St Lucia via Barbados and this happened to us a lot!

Berkshire
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: panic!!! how to get from Barbados to St Lucia for BA flight

Sorry can't resist it.

LIAT

Last In Always Trouble !!

The old ones are always the best