We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday Markets?

Which Coromandel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
128 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday Markets?

are there any saturday markets in the Coromandel Peninsula area? are they worth visiting?

thank you :)

Rotorua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday Markets?

I know that Coromandel town has art and craft studios but I don't know of any Saturday markets.

You could try looking at:

www.destination-nz.com

www.coromandeltown.co.nz

www.whitianga.co.nz

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday Markets?

I believe that Thames township has a Saturday market and Coromandel township has a Friday market. My dates for visiting Coromandel have been wrong for checking these out so far but I'd imagine there would be a lot of local homemade/boutique type produce for sale since this is Coromandel after all. We went again recently for two nights via the ferry and ended up bringing more stuff home with us than we took over there! Smoked fish pate and smoked salmon pate, local honey, local fruit wines and liqueur, lemon infused olive oil, raspberry vinegar (very yum!), macadamia florentines, chilli relish and blackberry jelly to mention a few. We had the biggest bag on the ferry... embarrassing but very worthwhile!

3. Re: Saturday Markets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2011, 07:41