We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in Coromandel

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve in Coromandel

Hi,

I'm re-jigging my itinerary and we might find ourselves in Coromandel region for New Year's Eve. I've seen the Coromandel Gold festival which I don't really fancy - it looks a bit like a teenager's event. If we're in the region will we be able to avoid it and find somewhere a bit more chilled? We like lively bars, restaurants but also just getting away from it so aren't necessarily looking for special NYE 'entertainment' - we're just not keen on getting wasted in a field with a load of teenagers any more.

Thanks

Tauranga
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve in Coromandel

I think where you stay will be more about where you can find accommodation. Start searching now, and if you find something book it.

Cook's Beach is worth a look. You could catch the ferry to Whitianga for dinner and a lear up, and catch it back after midnight. Being New Years Eve, it will be running.

2. Re: New Year's Eve in Coromandel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 02:16