We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zappers get out your wetsuit- Moko is at the Mount

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,049 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Zappers get out your wetsuit- Moko is at the Mount

It was reported today that Moko Zappers' favourite dolphin has left Whakatane and this morning pulled into Pilot Bay. How long will it be before we see Zappers in her wetsuit off swimming with the dolphin?

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,115 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zappers get out your wetsuit- Moko is at the Mount

Maybe Moko followed his mate home?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zappers get out your wetsuit- Moko is at the Mount

Old news Bean.........been there, done that already :) As soon as I heard I was there.

I hope for Moko's sake he returns to Whakatane and soon. Too many big boats and too many people here.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,049 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zappers get out your wetsuit- Moko is at the Mount

I tried to be helpful. I share your concerns, we dont want another Opo.

Edited: 03 June 2010, 20:29
New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zappers get out your wetsuit- Moko is at the Mount

I was kidding you Bean hence the :) Showing that where Moko's concerned I'm well ahead of the pack, I know where he is daily, well near enough.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
272 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zappers get out your wetsuit- Moko is at the Mount

Heard he may be heading back to Gizzy....hope so.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zappers get out your wetsuit- Moko is at the Mount

Not likely judz, Whakatane if anywhere. There are lots of rumours flying around but at the moment he's having a little break at the Mount.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,115 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zappers get out your wetsuit- Moko is at the Mount

Today's newspaper says that Moko follows his fishing trawler mate, Sprat, and has done so since hooking up with the skipper from Gisborne, to Whakatane and now to Tauranga Harbour.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zappers get out your wetsuit- Moko is at the Mount

The Eskdale(fishing trawler) has stabilizer bars which Moko loves rubbing himself on(he has a dredge boat, the Evelyn J with stabilizers that he hangs with at Whakatane) The Eskdale skipper thinks it's the ACDC music he plays, I told him Moko has more taste ;) The Eskdale was sheltering out near White Island during the recent storm as was Moko, hence the reason Moko has connected again with the Eskdale.

There have also been a pod of Orca(dolphins arch enemy) cruising along the coast around Whakatane & Ohope this past week, Moko probably thought "I'm outta here" Sadly one of the Orca died and was washed up on the beach not far from the Whakatane River entrance.

9. Re: Zappers get out your wetsuit- Moko is at the Mount

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2010, 07:32
Get answers to your questions about Bay of Plenty Region
More Bay of Plenty Region Topics