We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So where are the motel units at Hermitage exactly?

California
Level Contributor
6,744 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
So where are the motel units at Hermitage exactly?

I've located the chalets on Larch Grove Road, aptly described as 200m from main hotel. The motel units state they are 800m from Hermitage. Are they between the DOC office and the Aoraki Court Motel? Or are they across the street off of Sebestapol? Or elsewhere?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
492 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So where are the motel units at Hermitage exactly?

Yes, they're between the DOC office and Aoraki Court Motel. We stayed there in 2008 and they were a bit tired back then. We went back in 2010 and stayed at the Hermitage and went to have a look at them and they were still in the same condition. It looked like they were refurbishing the Chalets though.

California
Level Contributor
6,744 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So where are the motel units at Hermitage exactly?

Thank you. I've been debating between Hermitage Motel and Aoraki Court. If they are right next to each other, I see no reason to spend over $40 more for the Hermitage Motel units. The only advantage is the price includes continental breakfast, but we'd have to walk the 800m or wait for a shuttle to take advantage of it. Some of the reviews of the H. Motel mentioned they were a bit tired looking as well.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
172 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So where are the motel units at Hermitage exactly?

The walk to the Hermitage is a pleasant stroll. With any luck if it's heavy snow, the motels may close and you end up being upgraded into a hotel room (like we did). We haven't stayed at Aoraki Court however so I don't have a comparison for you.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
492 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So where are the motel units at Hermitage exactly?

And as far as views are concerned, this is your view from the H. Motel, which would be the same from Aoraki Court. You're in "View Heaven" at Te Wahipounamu.

flickr.com/photos/…set-72157622589693444

5. Re: So where are the motel units at Hermitage exactly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 16:24
Get answers to your questions about Aoraki Mount Cook...