We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Sofia, Barga

Bristol
Level Contributor
17 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Sofia, Barga

Has anyone stayed at Villa Sofia in Barga? We were looking at Il Pozzo, an apartment for four in the villa. Looks nice but quite expensive. We need a pool and liked the idea of being able to walk into the town but would appreciate it if anyone could let us know. We haven't been to Barga before and have two kids aged 10 and 8.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Sofia, Barga

Barga is a great place to stay and we have had an apartment for 7 days but no pool....... The village is a great place to stay but if kids involved maybe the 'newtown' area might suit.

If you wish to get a trip report send me an email address via trip advisor message link....just click on to my sign in and proceed from there.

2. Re: Villa Sofia, Barga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2012, 21:41
Sussex
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Sofia, Barga

Hi

I haven't been there....yet.....but I am staying in Il Pozzo (within the grounds of Villa Sofia) in August. I'll let you know what it's like - when I return!

Sussex
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Sofia, Barga

Hi

I have just returned from Il Pozzo within Villa Sofia. Its a really lovely spot with fantastic views all around. It is in a quiet location but only a short stroll (8 mins or so) into Barga old town. The owners (who live onsite) are lovely and have two kids (and a dog) of their own......so it is particularly good for families. All in all - I thoroughly recommend it!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Sofia, Barga

whow it looks lovely .. but its rather expensive ... you could have a villa for the same money... of course its all a matter of what people are happy with

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/italy/IT2277.htm

regards

Dr L

6. Re: Villa Sofia, Barga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2010, 05:16