We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest vineyard to Barga

Dublin
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Closest vineyard to Barga

Hi all, we are going to Barga next week and we would love to take a daytrip to a lovely vineyard closeby, I know there is nothing immediately nearby but maybe somebody could recommend somewhere perhaps within one hour of Barga? Thank you very much for any help whatsoever!

Firenze
Level Contributor
557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest vineyard to Barga

This took some lateral thinking and a map, but it ocurs to me that Barga is not far from the Versilia coast, and I recently saw this list of vineyards in Versilia on the APT website:

aptversilia.it/en/eventi/Versilia-and-its-wi…

Hope that helps. There is a lot of talk of Barga on the forums of Slowtrav, so you might try there with better results.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest vineyard to Barga

just leap into www.barganews.com and ask in the forums as there is always someone.....or send me a message ...press the name link and i can get the editor to answer directly.

Barga, Italy
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest vineyard to Barga

The link below is the DOC of Colline Lucchesi, about the closest. Tread carefully though, the DOC is very variable. In Montecarlo (map is the second link) you will find many of the main fattorie.

http://www.wein-plus.com/italy/Colline+Lucchesi+DOC_B6036.html

http://bit.ly/1857My

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
418 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest vineyard to Barga

Depends what you want to do, many visitors to the region would like to see a vineyard and is workings as most are set in beautiful countryside as the primary reason with the actual quality of the wine itself secondary, you will read many reports of fantastic visits across the region to places that produce frankly average wine. Some of those that produce the better quality wines focus less on the visitor. As mentioned the nearest areas are Collini Luchese and Montecarlo, also as mentioned the Lucchese wine is variable, although the standard Montecarlo wine is not much better. However there are wine routes for both with some beautiful properties. If you are looking for quality wines, the top wine for both regions is award winning Valgiano in Collini Luchese which stands out head and shoulders above the rest and is also totally organic as it happens. In Montecarlo you have the other stand producer in the region -Buonamico.

5. Re: Closest vineyard to Barga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 07:27