We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Old Town to public swimming pool

Sheffield
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from Old Town to public swimming pool

Hi

We're staying by the Duomi in the old town for a few days in July. Can anyone tell me how far away the public swimming pool is from there - is it easy walking distance?

Also, what are the admission charges for the pool (for adults and children aged 14)?

Many thanks

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from Old Town to public swimming pool

Barga is not very big at all. As you know, the Duomo is up in the old town and I believe there is a newish public swimming pool down in the new town. I am afraid I don't know exactly where or how much it will cost, but walking from the old town to the new town is an easy 5-10min stroll.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,216 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from Old Town to public swimming pool

Does not look to near by map,

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/1674798

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from Old Town to public swimming pool

Yes, I saw that, but suspect that is not the same pool. There seem to be lots of holiday homes in and around Barga saying that there is a new pool in the new town and that it is within walking distance, but that one could hardly be described as that. Probably the best thing to do is for the OP to contact the people they are renting accommodation from and ask them.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from Old Town to public swimming pool

cannot remember where even the old pool is.....but try linking up with the boys on WWW.barganews.com as they may well have photos etc.

You can use the web cam to see the weather etc.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance from Old Town to public swimming pool

If anyone gets a definate answer to this, I would be grateful if they would let us know, as I don't think I will be able to get to Barga myself this year to check.

Penarth (South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance from Old Town to public swimming pool

It is a bit of a walk because you need to go down right through the old town downhill and then through the new town and the outdoor pool is on the outside of town, No problem going down but coming back. I would think it would be a good 20 mins and of course if it is hot, not ideal. We look forward to coming back again in July.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Distance from Old Town to public swimming pool

Thanks for clearing that up.

Barga Italy
Level Contributor
15 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Distance from Old Town to public swimming pool

Just to clarify!!

The pool will open on 1st June

The pool is exactly 1km from the old town and is a very easy, pleasant walk.

Last year the price was 5euros for a whole day. there is a small bar/snackbar

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Distance from Old Town to public swimming pool

this reply is a bit too late for your visit, but I would estimate at least a 25 min walk from the duomo, you have to walk right through town over the bridge that has the park below it,and turn left at the really big tree that is in the middle of the road walk past conad and its probably a good 15 mins walk from there. We usually take the car, Just as an extra bit of info swimming hats are required for both male and females

10. Re: Distance from Old Town to public swimming pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2011, 05:32