We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barga restaurants - sites

north georgia...
Level Contributor
162 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Barga restaurants - sites

My trip to Barga is coming together... any recommendations for restaurants and sites to not miss?

Thanks!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barga restaurants - sites

My favourite restaurant is Ricardo's just outside the city walls, opposite where the bus drops you. Decent, honest food at incredible prices and the views from the terrace are wonderful. Barga itself is so small that if you are there for more than a day, you will find all the sites. However, I would recommend buying the Barga guidebook, which is available, in English, in the newsagents, just through the gates from where the bus drops you.

Tuscany Italy
Level Contributor
474 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barga restaurants - sites

L'Altana restaurant on the left just inside the entrance to old town

north georgia...
Level Contributor
162 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barga restaurants - sites

Have either of you who responded to my question about restaurants (for which I thank you!) been to Casa Cordati or know where that is in relation to the restaurants?

Tuscany Italy
Level Contributor
474 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barga restaurants - sites

I don't know Casa Cordati but looks as if it's just inside the main gate, so very near to both, L'altana is just inside, Riccardo's is just outside. The view from Riccardo's is lovely, L'Altana has nice murals painted on the walls, I've eaten in both and both are fine, I preferred L'Altana's food but that's just personal preference really. The old part of Barga is small, everywhere is near! Try the google map.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barga restaurants - sites

Yes both the restaurants mentioned i have eaten at and enjoyed and the trattoria in piazza angelo was good for the casual affair.

go into www.barganews.com for a webcam and current news.....also if you need a trip analysis send me a request by message and i can give you the link .

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barga restaurants - sites

I also enjoyed L'Altana, as well as L'Osteria and Scacciaguai (the latter being the most expensive).

You are in for a treat!

7. Re: Barga restaurants - sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 05:15